J T

Default OAK PIE SAFE

http://www.minwax.com/build/advanced/piesafe/

Hmm, most of the pie safes I've seen, maybe all, were probably pine.
And, they'd have to have a damn big padlock on there before a pie'd be
safe from me. Especially any kind of berry pie. Yummy.

JOAT
EVERY THING THAT HAPPENS STAYS HAPPENED.
- Death

Morris Dovey

J T wrote:

And, they'd have to have a damn big padlock on there before a pie'd be
safe from me. Especially any kind of berry pie. Yummy.

(-:

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
igor

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 08:23:14 -0500, (J T) wrote:

http://www.minwax.com/build/advanced/piesafe/

Hmm, most of the pie safes I've seen, maybe all, were probably pine.
And, they'd have to have a damn big padlock on there before a pie'd be
safe from me. Especially any kind of berry pie. Yummy.

I find it interesting that Minwax, of all companies, where the _finish_ is
the deal, shows computer-generated images of the projects. Even the
renderings they do show are rudimentary. (Some of their links are
misdirected, too.)

"Makes and keeps wood beautiful" is their slogan. Guess they see no need
to actually make these projects themselves _nor_ finish them. Geesh! --
Igor
Charlie Self

Ah, yes. Pie safes. Most of those I've seen were painted pine, but they
were designed to prevent flies and rodents from befouling the pies, not
children and adults.

A summer in the real Old South would have taught you the need, one of
those summers when the flypaper rolls fill up almost as quickly as they
are opened.

Charlie Self

JOAT responds:

Oh, I already knew the purpose of them. But, they'd still need a
padlock if I was around, to make sure someone besides just me got pie
too. Especially if it was apple or berry. Well, that's usta be,
anymore I could probably only down a slice, then somebody'd be all over
me for eating food that's bad for me. If I had any wish I wanted, I
think it might be to be able to eat anything I wanted, and it'd be
healthy for me.

Yes. Ain't age and debility a bitch? I used to lose a pound by missing ONE
lunch. Now, I gain only a pound when I miss lunch. And the blood sugar is on an
elevator, though I don't have diabetes. I tend to run more in the opposite
direction.

If I had my druthers, all meals would start with thick steak, potatoes swimming
in butter and sour cream and a small salad, finishing with cobbler and soft ice
cream.

Charlie Self
"One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above
that which is expected." George W. Bush