Rileyesi

Default Building a longbow or crossbow

I am interested in building a longbow or a crossbow. I did a google search and
got alot of information on buying them, but little on how to make them.

Can anyone recommend some books or sites?

Thanks.
Joe Gorman

Rileyesi wrote:
I am interested in building a longbow or a crossbow. I did a google search and
got alot of information on buying them, but little on how to make them.

Can anyone recommend some books or sites?

Thanks.

http://www.thecrossbowmansden.com/
http://www.thebeckoning.com/medieval...ow-manual.html
http://www.stickbow.com/
http://198.144.2.125/Crossbows/crossbows.htm
Have fun
Joe

Here's a site for bowmaking the old (really old) way:
http://www.wwmag.net/archery.htm

Glenna Rose

writes:
Here's a site for bowmaking the old (really old) way:
http://www.wwmag.net/archery.htm

Kewl.

In 1985, one of my landscaping clients did some work on my office yard as
a thank-you for the years of work (*and* encouraging them to get their own
computer and bookkeeping system). Among the plants they included were two
small yew trees, planted either side of my sign (very appropriate for the
name on the sign). I moved those plants twice, the second time to the
office I purchased. When I sold it in 2002, the trees were fair sized.
Because my eldest son told me killing a yew tree was bad luck, I didn't
attempt to move them (though we moved nearly all the other plants/trees).
When the buyers cut them to the ground, I was wishing I had the wood. Oh,
well.

The sad thing is they took them to the dump even though one their friends
wanted to try to move them.

It would be a cool thing to make your own bow. Good luck with yours,
Rileyesi, and have fun. :-)

Glenna

Andy Dingley

On 04 Jan 2005 17:39:47 GMT, (Rileyesi) wrote:

Can anyone recommend some books or sites?

_Really_ get a copy of Ralph Payne-Gallwey's
"The Book of the Crossbow "
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../codesmiths-20
It's a historical survey of crossbows and an excellent read. I've
also used it as source material for a few reproductions (a crossbow,
two mangonels and a few trebuchets)

Bowmaking is hard. I know I can't do it 8-)
(two attempts and counting)
http://codesmiths.com/shed/things/kn..._payne-gallwey

J T

Wed, Jan 5, 2005, 11:30pm (EST+5)
(Andy=A0Dingley) posted:
snip Bowmaking is hard. I know I can't do it =A0 8-) (two attempts and
counting)
http://codesmiths.com/shed/things/kn...ossbow/#book_=
payne-gallwey

Ha, a couple minutes with google turned this up. I haven't
bothered checking for more, maybe later.
http://www.atarn.org/chinese/rept_xbow.htm

JOAT
EVERY THING THAT HAPPENS STAYS HAPPENED.
- Death

J T

Here you guys go. http://crossbow.hunter.ru/

ROTFLMAO