Andy Dingley

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 23:41:55 -0500, (J T)
wrote:

Wed, Jan 5, 2005, 11:30pm (EST+5)

(Andy*Dingley) advises:
Ralph Payne-Gallwey's "The Book of the
Crossbow "

No need. There is, or was, a copy on-line, complete I believe. Or
at least all the pertinent parts.

Hmmm - this is one book where I'd want the paper copy, not the
on-line. The illustrations are more valuable than the text and even
well-done on-line content still doesn't have the sheer usability of a
book.

Besides which, an old copy might be expensive (very expensive for an
original one), but the modern reprint is yet another of those
excellent ones from Dover where they've reprinted a useful old book at
a very reasonable price. I share a lot of books with my friends -
most of "this sort of thing" that we buy will get read by 3 or 4 of
us. But we've all got our own copies of Payne-Gallwey.

One of the mangonels:
http://www.jarkman.co.uk/catalog/random/onager.htm
--
Smert' spamionam