James Tomalonis

Default My Gloat!

Hi fellow sawdust munchers,

I read a post by Rob V about his buys at an auction and I thought I'd chime
in with mine.

This fall our local Ace went out of business and had a huge auction. Among
truckloads of various small goods and tools and fasteners and shelving we
won, I landed some wild ones.

I got about $9-10,000 worth of commercial adjustable shelving for about
$400! I had to wait until the end of the auction to get it. (over 11 hours).
This stuff is still in the McMaster Carr catalog, so we knew what we were
buying.

I got a Powermatic Model 65 for $125 that I'm keeping. It's a little rusty,
but complete.

I wished I had bought the most amazing RAS I have ever seen. It was the size
of a horse and went for $10. I couldn't figure out how I would move the
thing or I would have bid.

I also got a Safety Speed Cut H5 vertical panel saw that I would like to
sell. I couldn't let it go! If I don't hear anything from our locals or
anyone else soon, it'll go on eBay.

I also have another Safety Speed Cut H4 vertical panel saw for sale, that I
had professionally converted to something a smidgen larger than a H5. This
one was in my shop for years and I don't need it anymore as I have just
restored an old Hendrick horizontal panel saw.

Merry Christmas

James

Bruce

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 08:17:11 -0700, James Tomalonis wrote
(in article ):

Hi fellow sawdust munchers,

I read a post by Rob V about his buys at an auction and I thought I'd chime
in with mine.

This fall our local Ace went out of business and had a huge auction. Among
truckloads of various small goods and tools and fasteners and shelving we
won, I landed some wild ones.

I got about $9-10,000 worth of commercial adjustable shelving for about
$400! I had to wait until the end of the auction to get it. (over 11 hours).
This stuff is still in the McMaster Carr catalog, so we knew what we were
buying.

I often think of stuff like this as gloat worthy, but then come to realize
where am I going to stash all of it!
Sounds like you now have plenty of wood storage, congrats and you suck!

-Bruce

foggytown

Exact address and dates you plan to be away for a few days.

FoggyTown

foggytown

Exact address and dates you plan to be away for a few days.

FoggyTown

James Tomalonis

No point in sneaking in, I'll help load up some of this junk! Heck there's
other old iron here waiting to go or find it's way into my shop. I'm always
looking for deals.

I'm in Mill Hall, PA. If you put your finger in the dead center of a map of
PA, that would be just about be it.

I have two businesses, a trout farm, (since 1948), and a plastic welding
business. The farm does a lot of wood working for it's own uses, and the
plastic fabricating shop uses a lot of wood tools. I have basically two of
everything as I don't let the two raw materials mix.

James

"foggytown" wrote in message
oups.com...
Exact address and dates you plan to be away for a few days.

FoggyTown

mac davis

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 14:48:07 -0500, "James Tomalonis"
wrote:

No point in sneaking in, I'll help load up some of this junk! Heck there's
other old iron here waiting to go or find it's way into my shop. I'm always
looking for deals.

I'm in Mill Hall, PA. If you put your finger in the dead center of a map of
PA, that would be just about be it.

I have two businesses, a trout farm, (since 1948), and a plastic welding
business. The farm does a lot of wood working for it's own uses, and the
plastic fabricating shop uses a lot of wood tools. I have basically two of
everything as I don't let the two raw materials mix.

James

good idea... not much of a market for plastic trout

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

wrote:

No point in sneaking in, I'll help load up some of this junk! Heck there's
other old iron here waiting to go or find it's way into my shop. I'm always
looking for deals.

I'm in Mill Hall, PA. If you put your finger in the dead center of a map of
PA, that would be just about be it.

I have two businesses, a trout farm, (since 1948), and a plastic welding
business. The farm does a lot of wood working for it's own uses, and the
plastic fabricating shop uses a lot of wood tools. I have basically two of
everything as I don't let the two raw materials mix.

James

good idea... not much of a market for plastic trout

mac

you'd be surprised:
http://products.amelabs.com/toys-and...nbow-trout.php