Chuck

Default Support arm for writing platform in Secretary - cannot find

I called Lee Valley for this and they say they don't have one
(but should). It's for a secretary with a fold-down writing surface.
What I'm lloking for is the hardware that would support this surface
from the top, like a chest lid support except that it works in the
opposite direction. Lee Valley has chains that would do the job, but I
want the mechanical arm - and I don't know what it's called so I can't
search for it.

Help!

=====
Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.
=====
{remove curly brackets for email}
Bob

Is the support shown at this link something like you need?
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...ferings_id=421

Bob

Bob

Is the support shown at this link something like you need?
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...ferings_id=421

Bob

igor

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 23:33:27 GMT, Chuck
wrote:

I called Lee Valley for this and they say they don't have one
(but should). It's for a secretary with a fold-down writing surface.
What I'm lloking for is the hardware that would support this surface
from the top, like a chest lid support except that it works in the
opposite direction. Lee Valley has chains that would do the job, but I
want the mechanical arm - and I don't know what it's called so I can't
search for it.

I didn't know the name but could picture them right away. I went to
froogle.com and looked for "drop down hinge", then added hardware, then
added desk support:
http://www.vandykes.com/product/02218816/

There may be better sources, but this should give you a start. -- Igor
Chuck

There may be better sources, but this should give you a start. -- Igor

thanks Bob & Igor. Both hinges are close, and got me started
particularly on the Rockler site. One of these will work.

=====

OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
HZ mill arbor support question larry g Metalworking 8 March 29th 04 07:50 PM
Zienth Vertical Squish (How do I find and test the Capacitor?) Kevin Cornwell Electronics Repair 8 September 15th 03 02:17 PM