igor

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 23:33:27 GMT, Chuck
wrote:

I called Lee Valley for this and they say they don't have one
(but should). It's for a secretary with a fold-down writing surface.
What I'm lloking for is the hardware that would support this surface
from the top, like a chest lid support except that it works in the
opposite direction. Lee Valley has chains that would do the job, but I
want the mechanical arm - and I don't know what it's called so I can't
search for it.

I didn't know the name but could picture them right away. I went to
froogle.com and looked for "drop down hinge", then added hardware, then
added desk support:
http://www.vandykes.com/product/02218816/

There may be better sources, but this should give you a start. -- Igor