Chuck

Default Support arm for writing platform in Secretary - cannot find

I called Lee Valley for this and they say they don't have one
(but should). It's for a secretary with a fold-down writing surface.
What I'm lloking for is the hardware that would support this surface
from the top, like a chest lid support except that it works in the
opposite direction. Lee Valley has chains that would do the job, but I
want the mechanical arm - and I don't know what it's called so I can't
search for it.

Help!

=====
Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.
=====
{remove curly brackets for email}