Default shop configuration

I have a new air compressor coming in a few days. it's a stationary
upright model that stands 5'ish tall and will replace the horizontal
wheeled one that now sits on a shelf above a rollaway tool box. the
new machine is too big to go on the shelf, so it'll take up floor
space. which is at a premium these days.

eventually I'll have a place for it outside the shop proper, but for
now it's indoors. for the short term I'll be removing a shelving unit
to make space for it. which means more shuffling of stuff and another
box or 3 going into deep storage for a while.

I really need to do a major rearrangement of the shop floorplan. it'll
include a long bench or a rolling work station (haven't decided which
yet) with stuff like chop saw, miter trimmer, router table, maybe
thickness planer in it. the sharpening station isn't working
efficiently now, so it may get a workover too.

if I can, I'll get lumber storage off of the main shop floor too. I
have a covered breezeway between the house and shop that will get
another wall to enclose it a bit better. then the compressor and wood
can go out. 'till then, I make do.