TWS

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 11:06:18 -0700, s wrote:

snip...so it'll take up floor
space. which is at a premium these days.

eventually I'll have a place for it outside the shop proper, but for
now it's indoors.

snip
I've always thought that the ideal setup for a small shop would be an
attached shed to house the DC and Compressor so they don't take shop
floor space. Mostly to get the noise out of the shop but also these
are pieces of equipment that you don't *use* in the shop, you *use*
the services they provide and these are easily piped in or out.

The biggest considerations would be making sure the air supply is
vented from the shop rather than outdoors so the compressor doesn't
build up water too quickly and the shop heat/ac is not lost to the
outside air from the DC system. Easy outside access to empty the DC
system is also important but the room should be otherwise sealed to
outside air.

My shop is a temporary setup where everything goes against the wall
when I don't have a project in the works. Wood storage is hung from
the ceiling and is a PITA if the stock I need is in the lower layers
but some things ya just gotta live with. I would need to go with this
shed approach if I ever get a DC or upright compressor.

TWS