mnterpfan

Default More limited supply at Rockler Get In Line Now

See snippet from a Rockler e-mail

** E-Mail Special **
Print out this e-mail and bring it to the store this weekend (Dec.
4-5) to receive a FREE Shop Calipers with any purchase (while supplies
last; 100 calipers per store). Hurry in, these calipers will go fast!

How would you like to be the 101st guy in line? I can see the pushing
and shoving already.

Eric

ps. I don't think that printing my posting will do you any good.
You'll have to get your own e-mail
Paul O.

"mnterpfan" wrote in message
m...
See snippet from a Rockler e-mail

** E-Mail Special **
Print out this e-mail and bring it to the store this weekend (Dec.
4-5) to receive a FREE Shop Calipers with any purchase (while supplies
last; 100 calipers per store). Hurry in, these calipers will go fast!

How would you like to be the 101st guy in line? I can see the pushing
and shoving already.

Eric

I recieved that e-mail today. I am thinking that the calipers are those
cheapy plastic vernier type. Probably not too much pushin and shavin for
those. I have to go there Sat. anyway so will check it out, however will
probably get there to late due to having to go in to work for a while.
--
Paul O.

ps. I don't think that printing my posting will do you any good.
You'll have to get your own e-mail

Chip Olson

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 03:01:47 +0000, Paul O. wrote:

I recieved that e-mail today. I am thinking that the calipers are those
cheapy plastic vernier type.

That's exactly what they are. Probably giving them away because nobody
would buy the silly things. Went in at 2:30 and they still had plenty.

--
-Chip Olson. | ceo2 at thsi dot org | remove the 2 to reply

Mike at American Sycamore

Chip Olson wrote in message ...
On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 03:01:47 +0000, Paul O. wrote:

I recieved that e-mail today. I am thinking that the calipers are those
cheapy plastic vernier type.

That's exactly what they are. Probably giving them away because nobody
would buy the silly things. Went in at 2:30 and they still had plenty.

I find this posting to be very inappropiate. What do you want for
free? What do you expect? These calipers are not that bad and
especially for free. Ann Jackson Rockler came on the rec and
apoligized about the Bessey clamps shortage and offered to help, yet
you continue to complain and poke fun of Rockler. Rockler is a most
honorable company and has always treated me fairly, however I have
always treated them fairly. My local Rockler Store supports the
Woodworking Clubs and have always been very generous to our fund
raisers. Perhaps in the Holiday Spirit you can lighten up a little.

Mike
Chip Olson

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 06:28:30 -0800, Mike at American Sycamore wrote:

Chip Olson wrote in message

That's exactly what they are. Probably giving them away because nobody
would buy the silly things. Went in at 2:30 and they still had plenty.

I find this posting to be very inappropiate. What do you want for free?
What do you expect? These calipers are not that bad and especially for
free. Ann Jackson Rockler came on the rec and apoligized about the Bessey
clamps shortage and offered to help, yet you continue to complain and poke
fun of Rockler.

Er... I don't believe I've ever complained about or poked fun at Rockler
on rec.ww (or anywhere else), including the above referenced post. I've
been very happy with my local Rockler store, and tend to spend way too
much money there (and that's not a slam on their prices, either).

However, this caliper isn't an item that I would have made a special trip
to Rockler to get a free one of.

--
-Chip Olson. | ceo2 at thsi dot org | remove the 2 to reply

robdingnagian1

I was poking fun. However, it was just fun. I am very happy with my
local Rockler store too. I go there frequently and buy quite a bit
there. I also have come to know many of the staff and find them to be
very friendly and helpful. I didn't jump in and bash Rockler about this
sale under the original topic as I had no complaint.

By the way, I was the OP under an old pen name.

Mike said, " Perhaps in the Holiday Spirit you can lighten up a
little."

Maybe? Perhaps you should as well. I'm sorry if I offended you. I was
not being truly vindictive toward Rockler. I was light-heartedly
injecting a little humor. That is my nature. I think that quite a few
other readers could have seen through my "hysteria" inducing post for
what it was. (a joke)

Eric

Gogain

Eric,

Your bohemian attitude is unbecoming of an American and a woodworker at
that. It is precisely your and your kinds cavalier attitude which has
resulted in a decay of the global morale disposition of the masses. The
people have no internal ethical compass to guide themselves any longer. It
is exactly this tragic chain of events; insinuated by you Eric, which has
played so well in the hands of Mr. Bin Ladens and Mr. Castros of the world.
You Eric; single-handedly, have undone 200 years of revolutionary pride in
this great institution we call the United States of America. Pack your bags
and go back to Canada.

"robdingnagian1" wrote in message
oups.com...
I was poking fun. However, it was just fun. I am very happy with my
local Rockler store too. I go there frequently and buy quite a bit
there. I also have come to know many of the staff and find them to be
very friendly and helpful. I didn't jump in and bash Rockler about this
sale under the original topic as I had no complaint.

By the way, I was the OP under an old pen name.

Mike said, " Perhaps in the Holiday Spirit you can lighten up a
little."

Maybe? Perhaps you should as well. I'm sorry if I offended you. I was
not being truly vindictive toward Rockler. I was light-heartedly
injecting a little humor. That is my nature. I think that quite a few
other readers could have seen through my "hysteria" inducing post for
what it was. (a joke)

Eric

robdingnagian1

But, but, but..

Yeah, what Wayne K. Said (below)

And its more like 228 years of pride. And how did I single handedly do
this with me and my kind?

I'm confused.