toller

Default A gloat?

I just bought 150sf of mahogany for $240.
Now for the question mark; while some of it is 3/4" or 1", most is between
1/2" and 3/8". I bought it with the idea that, at that price, it must be
good for something.

But what? a typical piece is 9'x5"x3/8". Thin stock usually goes at a
premium, but yah gotta have a use for it!

Pat Barber

Sure... some REALLY snazzy drawers. You can also use
the thinner stock for edging and just generally dress
up other pieces with the thinner stock.

Lots of glue and you got "thicker"...

I would use it for a couple of really snazzy garden
benches. The 3/8" is just right for back slats.

toller wrote:

I just bought 150sf of mahogany for $240.
Now for the question mark; while some of it is 3/4" or 1", most is between
1/2" and 3/8". I bought it with the idea that, at that price, it must be
good for something.

But what? a typical piece is 9'x5"x3/8". Thin stock usually goes at a
premium, but yah gotta have a use for it!

Edwin Pawlowski

"toller" wrote in message
I just bought 150sf of mahogany for $240.
Now for the question mark; while some of it is 3/4" or 1", most is
between 1/2" and 3/8". I bought it with the idea that, at that price, it
must be good for something.

But what? a typical piece is 9'x5"x3/8". Thin stock usually goes at a
premium, but yah gotta have a use for it!

Right now I'm in the process of making some boxes for gifts. It is all 3/8"
material. The widest is the lid at 5 5/8". Your wood would be perfect for
it. Plans are in American Woodworker a month or two ago.

toller

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"toller" wrote in message
I just bought 150sf of mahogany for $240.
Now for the question mark; while some of it is 3/4" or 1", most is
between 1/2" and 3/8". I bought it with the idea that, at that price, it
must be good for something.

But what? a typical piece is 9'x5"x3/8". Thin stock usually goes at a
premium, but yah gotta have a use for it!

Right now I'm in the process of making some boxes for gifts. It is all
3/8" material. The widest is the lid at 5 5/8". Your wood would be
perfect for it. Plans are in American Woodworker a month or two ago.

I will have a look. Happens to be the only WW magazine the library carries.

WoodMangler

toller wrote:
I just bought 150sf of mahogany for $240.
Now for the question mark; while some of it is 3/4" or 1", most is between
1/2" and 3/8". I bought it with the idea that, at that price, it must be
good for something.

But what? a typical piece is 9'x5"x3/8". Thin stock usually goes at a
premium, but yah gotta have a use for it!

You can give it to rec.ww'rs as christmas gifts!

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:38:42 GMT, "toller" wrote:

I just bought 150sf of mahogany for $240.
Now for the question mark; while some of it is 3/4" or 1", most is between
1/2" and 3/8". I bought it with the idea that, at that price, it must be
good for something.

But what? a typical piece is 9'x5"x3/8". Thin stock usually goes at a
premium, but yah gotta have a use for it!

I think you just figured out why you got it so cheap.

Just now something that thin would come in very handy for some
projects I have. So:

You suck!

--RC

Sleep? Isn't that a totally inadequate substitute for caffine?

loutent

Hi Toller,

I think that you got a pretty good deal, but most of the thinner stuff
would be appropriate for smaller projects like jewelry boxes, chess
boards, clocks, etc.

Of course, you can always laminate them together to get what you want.
75 sq ft of 3/4 at $250 is still a fair price IMHO.

At that price, I would have grabbed it to have around for whenever I
needed it for whatever (as a hobbyist).

Lou

In article , toller
wrote:

I just bought 150sf of mahogany for $240.
Now for the question mark; while some of it is 3/4" or 1", most is between
1/2" and 3/8". I bought it with the idea that, at that price, it must be
good for something.

But what? a typical piece is 9'x5"x3/8". Thin stock usually goes at a
premium, but yah gotta have a use for it!

mac davis

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:38:42 GMT, "toller" wrote:

I just bought 150sf of mahogany for $240.
Now for the question mark; while some of it is 3/4" or 1", most is between
1/2" and 3/8". I bought it with the idea that, at that price, it must be
good for something.

But what? a typical piece is 9'x5"x3/8". Thin stock usually goes at a
premium, but yah gotta have a use for it!

i would make a great Christmas present.. you have my address, right?
Mike Marlow

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:38:42 GMT, "toller" wrote:

I just bought 150sf of mahogany for $240.
Now for the question mark; while some of it is 3/4" or 1", most is

between
1/2" and 3/8". I bought it with the idea that, at that price, it must be
good for something.

But what? a typical piece is 9'x5"x3/8". Thin stock usually goes at a
premium, but yah gotta have a use for it!

i would make a great Christmas present.. you have my address, right?

Yo! Mac! Proof read man, proof read...

--

-Mike-

mac davis

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 20:23:32 GMT, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:38:42 GMT, "toller" wrote:

I just bought 150sf of mahogany for $240.
Now for the question mark; while some of it is 3/4" or 1", most is

between
1/2" and 3/8". I bought it with the idea that, at that price, it must be
good for something.

But what? a typical piece is 9'x5"x3/8". Thin stock usually goes at a
premium, but yah gotta have a use for it!

i would make a great Christmas present.. you have my address, right?

Yo! Mac! Proof read man, proof read...

hmm... must have been a long day... took me like 5 readings to see
what you meant...

hey, wait a second here! You're assuming that I wouldn't make a great
present??? *rofl*