Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Never Enough Money

Default Best Book on Finishing?

Lot's of books to choose from! I've listed some I found from Amazon
below. I want one that covers mixing finishes like wax topcoats on
Danish oil, or shellac as a top coat, etc. I also want a chart (that
I've seen somewhere but don't recall) that compares various finishes
in terms of durability, repairability, water resistence, shine, etc. I
don't care about spraying techniques, I'm only doing hand
finishing....

BTW, I'd welcome a recommendation from Jeff Jewitt, a sometimes
contributor to this group and the author of many of the books listed
below. Jeff, are you out there reading this?

Here's the list I found:
Tauton's Complete Illustrated Guide to Finishing by Jeff and Susan
Jewitt

Great Wood Finishes: A Step-by-Step Guide to Consistent and Beautiful
Results by Jeff Jewitt

Hand-Applied Finishes by Jeff Jewitt

Finishes and Finishing Techniques: Professional Secrets for Simple and
Beautiful Finishes in Fine Woodworking by Tauton Press

Understanding Wood Finishing: How to Select and Apply the Right Finish
by Bob Flexner

More Finishes and Finishing Techniques: The Best of Fine Woodworking
by Fine Woodworking

The New Wood Finishing Book by Michael Dresdner

FS: Semiconductor Data Books [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 April 28th 04 10:02 PM
New Book: A Guide to Work-Holding on the Lathe Fred Holder Woodturning 6 March 23rd 04 09:53 PM
"New" Krenov Book Out charlie b Woodworking 0 February 16th 04 05:01 PM
A book on Finishing Kevin Woodturning 3 November 25th 03 01:14 AM
Wood Finishing Book Grandpa Woodworking 4 November 24th 03 03:31 AM