Australopithecus scobis

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 06:31:55 -0700, Never Enough Money wrote:

Understanding Wood Finishing: How to Select and Apply the Right Finish
by Bob Flexner

^__ my vote

I read one of the Jewitt books (GWF) at the same time I
first read the Flexner. I found the Flexner to be better. Jewitt
does have a lot of info regarding UK enviro/safety regs, so it might be a
good choice for UK readers.

Here's a sideways generalization for you: I just read the Taunton
sharpening book by Lie-Nielsen. If I didn't already own Lee's sharpening
book, I'd consider buying about the L-N book. So, with a sample size of 1,
I find the Taunton books to be well-done.

--
"Keep your ass behind you"