Posted to rec.woodworking

Default WOT: Keyboard to Keyboard Amp

Way off topic but I know someone here will have the answer.

I have a Kurzweil SP76 keyboard and a Peavey KB1 amp. How do I hook these up? The Kurzweil has a Left/Right output for 1/4 TRS cables, and the Peavey has a left and right channel input for 1/4 TRS cables.

Do I just run a TRS cable from the left-channel 1, and right-channel 2? I'm obviously way new at this and I don't want to screw anything. I normally play an old-fashioned piano.

Thanks for all help.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 13 May 2021 20:22:37 -0700 (PDT), Michael
wrote:

Way off topic but I know someone here will have the answer.

I have a Kurzweil SP76 keyboard and a Peavey KB1 amp. How do I hook these up? The Kurzweil has a Left/Right output for 1/4 TRS cables, and the Peavey has a left and right channel input for 1/4 TRS cables.

Do I just run a TRS cable from the left-channel 1, and right-channel 2? I'm obviously way new at this and I don't want to screw anything. I normally play an old-fashioned piano.

Thanks for all help.

The 1/4 inch outputs are "line out" so they plug directly to your
"line in" connectors on your Peavy amp.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Way off topic but I know someone here will have the answer.

I have a Kurzweil SP76 keyboard and a Peavey KB1 amp. How do I hook these up? The Kurzweil has a Left/Right output for 1/4 TRS cables, and the Peavey has a left and right channel input for 1/4 TRS cables.

Do I just run a TRS cable from the left-channel 1, and right-channel 2? I'm obviously way new at this and I don't want to screw anything. I normally play an old-fashioned piano.

Thanks for all help.

The 1/4 inch outputs are "line out" so they plug directly to your
"line in" connectors on your Peavy amp.

While your keyboard is capable of putting out stereo, your amp is mono. Virtually every keyboard will put out a mono signal from its LEFT line output if you don't put a plug in the RIGHT line output. Many are even labeled "Left/Mono". So just get a standard 1/4" to 1/4" "TS" cable - a "guitar" cable - and connect the left line output of your keyboard to one of the inputs of your amp.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Just adding a bit--the manual isn't really clear on the purpose of the
multiple channels. They aren't "left" and "right", they are inputs
for separate instruments--the idea is that you can plug in a couple of
keyboards or a guitar and a bass or whatever and adjust levels and
equalization without having to have a separate mixer.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

and by centering the control and feeding both channels in there is
no chance you will loose anything from one channel or the other of a
stereo source. Not generally an issue from a keyboard, but definitely
from a stereo recording where one instrument may almost dissapear on
one channel and be full on on the other. (and can be an issue if the
keyboard does any "sampling"

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Fri, 21 May 2021 20:15:12 -0700 (PDT), Greg Guarino
wrote:

Thanks everyone! This is really very helpful!