Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Grant

Default Mobile base for drill press, any ideas?

Just picked up the DP400 from Lowes for $220. But I would really like to
have a mobile base for it seeing that it is good size for my garage. There
was one idea I found online here
http://www.tundraware.com/Woodworkin...istMobileBase/

Now this is not bad but I'd like to have more of footprint than just the
drill base itself. The manual suggests at least 3" extra all around. We
have a couple of drills this size at work but they are bolted to the cement,
so I don't know how tipsy they get without securing. Of course bolting to
the ground is best. The ones at work don't move at all which is great .

Of the mobile bases that I saw for sale the Delta 50-345 looks best to me in
that I could make a plywood base to fit the mobile part and I like the
simple lifting 3rd wheel.

And there is the HTC2000 by I don't know who really but the delta just looks
easier overall.

Now I really don't have the funds I want to put out $50 at this point for a
mobile base, I need to buy some building supplies for my project instead.
I'd like to cut this cost in half at least.

Any ideas?