Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Table Saw Bearing - 'Splain Me These Model Number Differences

The front bearing on my TS Arbor is labeled as 6202RS. When I Google that
number I get tons of hits for 6002-2RS. Many pages use both numbers for
the same part. Is there a difference?

One example is this listing on eBay which lists the model number as 6202-2RS
but uses 6202RS in the detailed description. Even the link uses both 6202-2rs
and 6202rs.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Pcs-6202-2rs-...d=302848616148

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/10/19 12:57 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
The front bearing on my TS Arbor is labeled as 6202RS. When I Google that
number I get tons of hits for 6002-2RS. Many pages use both numbers for
the same part. Is there a difference?

One example is this listing on eBay which lists the model number as 6202-2RS
but uses 6202RS in the detailed description. Even the link uses both 6202-2rs
and 6202rs.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Pcs-6202-2rs-...d=302848616148

I can't see any difference.
They all seem to have the same UPC code and dimensions.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 10, 2019, DerbyDad03 wrote
(in ):

The front bearing on my TS Arbor is labeled as 6202RS. When I Google that
number I get tons of hits for 6002-2RS. Many pages use both numbers for
the same part. Is there a difference?

One example is this listing on eBay which lists the model number as 6202-2RS
but uses 6202RS in the detailed description. Even the link uses both 6202-2rs
and 6202rs.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Pcs-6202-2rs-...1-Lubricated-6

02rs/20016256890?iid=302848616148

The trailing code tells you what kind of shields or seals the basic 6202
bearing is equipped with.

..https://www.nationalprecision.com/ball-bearings/6000-
series/6200_light/detail/6202-2RS/

These bearings are a commodity. It may be simpler to take the old bearing to
a local bearing house. That way you´ll avoid mistakes, or getting junk
bearings.

Joe Gwinn

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/10/2019 1:28 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/10/19 12:57 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
The front bearing on my TS Arbor is labeled as 6202RS. When I Google that
number I get tons of hits for 6002-2RS. Many pages use both numbers for
the same part. Is there a difference?

One example is this listing on eBay which lists the model number as
6202-2RS
but uses 6202RS in the detailed description. Even the link uses both
6202-2rs
and 6202rs.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Pcs-6202-2rs-...d=302848616148

I can't see any difference.
They all seem to have the same UPC code and dimensions.

I agree with -MIKE-. Perhaps the guy writing up the catalog
descriptions for the non-metallic "wire" got canned and landed at a
bearing shop.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/10/2019 12:57 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
The front bearing on my TS Arbor is labeled as 6202RS. When I Google that
number I get tons of hits for 6002-2RS. Many pages use both numbers for
the same part. Is there a difference?

One example is this listing on eBay which lists the model number as 6202-2RS
but uses 6202RS in the detailed description. Even the link uses both 6202-2rs
and 6202rs.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Pcs-6202-2rs-...d=302848616148

Hard to tell but the original part number may have been changed with a
replacement part number or the numbers are different because of
different manufacturers of the bearing. Typically products are designed
around available bearings.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 12:57:46 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
The front bearing on my TS Arbor is labeled as 6202RS. When I Google that
number I get tons of hits for 6002-2RS. Many pages use both numbers for
the same part. Is there a difference?

One example is this listing on eBay which lists the model number as 6202-2RS
but uses 6202RS in the detailed description. Even the link uses both 6202-2rs
and 6202rs.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Pcs-6202-2rs-...d=302848616148

On a google search 6202-RS has one contact seal 6202-2RS has two contact seals
https://www.nationalprecision.com/ba...tail/6202-2RS/

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, March 11, 2019 at 1:51:13 PM UTC-4, Mark H wrote:
On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 12:57:46 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
The front bearing on my TS Arbor is labeled as 6202RS. When I Google that
number I get tons of hits for 6002-2RS. Many pages use both numbers for
the same part. Is there a difference?

One example is this listing on eBay which lists the model number as 6202-2RS
but uses 6202RS in the detailed description. Even the link uses both 6202-2rs
and 6202rs.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Pcs-6202-2rs-...d=302848616148

On a google search 6202-RS has one contact seal 6202-2RS has two contact seals
https://www.nationalprecision.com/ba...tail/6202-2RS/

Two is better than one, right? The 2RS would basically be an upgrade,
correct?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 12:57:46 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
The front bearing on my TS Arbor is labeled as 6202RS. When I Google that
number I get tons of hits for 6002-2RS. Many pages use both numbers for
the same part. Is there a difference?

One example is this listing on eBay which lists the model number as 6202-2RS
but uses 6202RS in the detailed description. Even the link uses both 6202-2rs
and 6202rs.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Pcs-6202-2rs-...d=302848616148

Not an expert on bearings but all the specs appear to be the same except for one or two seals. Thinking with one you could pull the bearing out and pack grease every 50,000 miles or two to keep dirt out ???
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 21:09:04 -0700 (PDT), Mark H
wrote:

On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 12:57:46 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
The front bearing on my TS Arbor is labeled as 6202RS. When I Google that
number I get tons of hits for 6002-2RS. Many pages use both numbers for
the same part. Is there a difference?

One example is this listing on eBay which lists the model number as 6202-2RS
but uses 6202RS in the detailed description. Even the link uses both 6202-2rs
and 6202rs.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Pcs-6202-2rs-...d=302848616148

Not an expert on bearings but all the specs appear to be the same except for one or two seals. Thinking with one you could pull the bearing out and pack grease every 50,000 miles or two to keep dirt out ???

Yout table saw uses a grease packed or oil lubricated arbour - so you
pull one seal out of a 6002-2rs and you have a 6002-rs - install with
the remaining seal facing out.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

The arbor assembly is not packed with grease nor does the manual include
the arbor in the list of 9 lubrication points for the saw.

Do you know what kind of saw I have or are you just making an ass-umption?

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

IF the saw uses a 6202-rs bearinge it is a packed arbor.

If it's not a packed arbor you NEED the 6202-2rs
Oil filled will not be listed as a lubrication point because it is
filled with thick oil like gear oil - almost grease, but with no
"soap".

A 2rs bearing is sealed and "permanently lubricated" -

I've worked with equipment with bearings for over 50 years

Sinse you have not seen fit to enlighten the group as to what kind of
saw you have I can only go by what you HAVE said.

Have you taken it apart to KNOW it is not packed? Or to KNOW you have
a 6202-RS bearing in there?

Untill you either tell us what saw you have, and/or what bearing IS in
the saw, all we can do is the same as what you are doing -- ASS Ume
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Perhaps you should tell Sears that.

Oil filled will not be listed as a lubrication point because it is
filled with thick oil like gear oil - almost grease, but with no
"soap".

Not on my saw.

A 2rs bearing is sealed and "permanently lubricated" -

Good to know.

I've worked with equipment with bearings for over 50 years

Meh

Sinse you have not seen fit to enlighten the group as to what kind of
saw you have I can only go by what you HAVE said.

Actually I did, but in another thread where it was agreed that the
bearings were shot. However, in this thread, I specifically mentioned
the type of bearing that is in my TS. Since I already know what bearing
I need, I really don't think that the model of saw matters.

Have you taken it apart to KNOW it is not packed?

Yep

https://i.imgur.com/RXKBg2A.jpg

Or to KNOW you have a 6202-RS bearing in there?

Yep

Old outside bearing

https://i.imgur.com/1Hon9s7.jpg

Old inside bearing, on arbor (tough to read, but it's a 6202RS)

https://i.imgur.com/JVGHin4.jpg

And just so no one can claim that the original bearings were replaced with
the wrong ones, here's a brand new arbor, purchased from Sears Parts Direct,
with the inside bearing that came installed on the shaft.

https://i.imgur.com/M2C51MX.jpg

And just to make sure we've covered all bases, here's the part at Sears
Parts Direct, labeled with 6202RS:

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/pro...hg9f1-0009-113

Until you either tell us what saw you have, and/or what bearing IS in
the saw, all we can do is the same as what you are doing -- ASS Ume

Now that's almost humorous. Not only am I not assuming anything but I
told everyone (well, apparently everyone but you) what bearing is in
my TS in the very first sentence of my very first post of this thread.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

I said IF you had not verified the bearing type by dissassembly -
You have - so not an ASS Umption.

Does your 6202-rs have a seal on both sides?
If it does, it is actually a 6202-2rs assembled with 2 seals for a
6202 rs. The bearings are the same. The seals are the same. The 2RS
just has 2 seals instead of one. Would not be the first time the
"wrong" seal was used in the assembly on a sears part (and not just
sears either)

If it was a 6202-z it would be a "sheilded" bearing - a 2z or zz is
double sheilded.
It appears some suppliers are only stocking 2RZ or zz with
instructions to remove one seal or sheild for rs or z applications.

Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Monday, March 11, 2019 at 1:51:13 PM UTC-4, Mark H wrote:
On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 12:57:46 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
The front bearing on my TS Arbor is labeled as 6202RS. When I Google that
number I get tons of hits for 6002-2RS. Many pages use both numbers for
the same part. Is there a difference?

One example is this listing on eBay which lists the model number as 6202-2RS
but uses 6202RS in the detailed description. Even the link uses both 6202-2rs
and 6202rs.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Pcs-6202-2rs-...d=302848616148

On a google search 6202-RS has one contact seal 6202-2RS has two contact seals
https://www.nationalprecision.com/ba...tail/6202-2RS/

Two is better than one, right?

Yes.

The 2RS would basically be an upgrade, correct?

IMO either of these would be an upgrade from the OEM:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6202-2NSE9-...n/141828437413

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6202-2RS-C3...s/131847245920

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Actually, what you said was "all we can do is the same as what you
are doing".

You see the section that says, in no uncertain terms, "the same as you
are doing"? If that's not an accusation that I was making an assumption,
I don't know what is.

That doesn't even address the fact that I specifically told everyone
(except for you, I guess) what bearing was in the saw in my OP.

Did you miss that or think that I was making that up or what?

Be honest.

Does your 6202-rs have a seal on both sides?
If it does, it is actually a 6202-2rs assembled with 2 seals for a
6202 rs. The bearings are the same. The seals are the same. The 2RS
just has 2 seals instead of one. Would not be the first time the
"wrong" seal was used in the assembly on a sears part (and not just
sears either)

Just some items I've found on the web...

Item 1:
6202RS Deep Groove Ball Bearings - SODIAL(R) 2Pcs 6202RS
Closed with 2 rubber sealed to protect the bearing from dust or any possible
contamination.

Item 2:
6202-2RS (6202RS) Sealed Mobility Scooter & Power Chair Bearings
This set of two 6202-2RS sealed mobility scooter & power chair bearings is
also known as the 6202RS.

Item 3:
6202RS Deep Groove Ball Bearings - TOOGOO(R) 2Pcs 6202RS 15mm Inner 35mm Outer Single Row Deep Groove Ball Bearing
Closed with 2 rubber sealed to protect the bearing from dust or any possible
contamination.

Item 4:
uxcell® 2 Pcs 6202RS 15mmx35mmx11mm Sealed Deep Groove Radial Ball Bearings
Bearing has Rubber Seals to protect the bearing from dust or any possible contamination, also bearings are pre-lubricated with grease.

I could go on. It seems like the 6202RS is available with 2 seals from
a variety of vendors. If Sears got it "wrong" it seems like a pretty common
mistake.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

It really doesn't matter what a parts site calls the bearing. It's
what the bearing industry calls the bearing that counts.

By the old industry standard a RS bearing is sealed on only one side
- a 2RS is double sealed A 2rs can be used in place of a rs, but not
the other way around.

And you ARE aware there are 3 different 6002 bearings that are NOT
interchangeable? 1/2 inch. 5/8 inch and 17mm bore?

Been stung on that one before. Just saying "be carefull" when ordering
stuff on-line.

I have 2 6201-2rs bearings - both have 6201-RS on the seals and
6201-2rs on the box.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

uxcellŽ 2 Pcs 6202RS 15mmx35mmx11mm Sealed Deep Groove Radial Ball Bearings
Bearing has Rubber Seals to protect the bearing from dust or any possible contamination, also bearings are pre-lubricated with grease.

I could go on. It seems like the 6202RS is available with 2 seals from
a variety of vendors. If Sears got it "wrong" it seems like a pretty common
mistake.

It really doesn't matter what a parts site calls the bearing. It's
what the bearing industry calls the bearing that counts.

What really matters is if the bearing I receive is the correct bearing
for my arbor. They can call it Susie as long as it matches the required
specs.

By the old industry standard a RS bearing is sealed on only one side
- a 2RS is double sealed A 2rs can be used in place of a rs, but not
the other way around.

And you ARE aware there are 3 different 6002 bearings that are NOT
interchangeable? 1/2 inch. 5/8 inch and 17mm bore?

Why do I care about the bore of a 6002 bearing?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 16:10:04 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

By the old industry standard a RS bearing is sealed on only one side
- a 2RS is double sealed A 2rs can be used in place of a rs, but not
the other way around.

And you ARE aware there are 3 different 6002 bearings that are NOT
interchangeable? 1/2 inch. 5/8 inch and 17mm bore?

Why do I care about the bore of a 6002 bearing?

Typo - it is the 6202 bearing that has 3 different bore sizes. The
very bearing you are needing
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, March 12, 2019 at 7:49:47 PM UTC-7, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Have you taken it apart to KNOW it is not packed?

Yep

Or to KNOW you have a 6202-RS bearing in there?

Yep

The arbor of a table saw has a pair of bearings fitted into
a housing, and the outer faces need to be shielded against
sawdust; that means 'R' rubber seals. The inner, if you ever
are expected to add oil, has to be 'S' or the oil won't get in.

So, -RS bearings might mean that some oil-regularly maintenance
was required. Nowadays there's good evidence that RR with
permanent lube could also work well (especially for a hobbyist who
spins the saw up a few dozen hours a year).
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, March 15, 2019 at 6:19:50 AM UTC-4, whit3rd wrote:
On Tuesday, March 12, 2019 at 7:49:47 PM UTC-7, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Have you taken it apart to KNOW it is not packed?

Yep

Or to KNOW you have a 6202-RS bearing in there?

Yep

The arbor of a table saw has a pair of bearings fitted into
a housing, and the outer faces need to be shielded against
sawdust; that means 'R' rubber seals. The inner, if you ever
are expected to add oil, has to be 'S' or the oil won't get in.

So, -RS bearings might mean that some oil-regularly maintenance
was required. Nowadays there's good evidence that RR with
permanent lube could also work well (especially for a hobbyist who
spins the saw up a few dozen hours a year).

The bearings on my saw have shields on both sides. The manual does not include
the bearings in their list of lubrication points. You would have to tear the saw apart to
get the arbor out in order to lubricate the bearings, i.e. not a maintenance item.