Posted to rec.woodworking
Spalted Walt Spalted Walt is offline

Default Table Saw Bearing - 'Splain Me These Model Number Differences

DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Monday, March 11, 2019 at 1:51:13 PM UTC-4, Mark H wrote:
On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 12:57:46 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
The front bearing on my TS Arbor is labeled as 6202RS. When I Google that
number I get tons of hits for 6002-2RS. Many pages use both numbers for
the same part. Is there a difference?

One example is this listing on eBay which lists the model number as 6202-2RS
but uses 6202RS in the detailed description. Even the link uses both 6202-2rs
and 6202rs.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Pcs-6202-2rs-...d=302848616148

On a google search 6202-RS has one contact seal 6202-2RS has two contact seals
https://www.nationalprecision.com/ba...tail/6202-2RS/

Two is better than one, right?

Yes.

The 2RS would basically be an upgrade, correct?

IMO either of these would be an upgrade from the OEM:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6202-2NSE9-...n/141828437413

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6202-2RS-C3...s/131847245920