Posted to rec.woodworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default Table Saw Bearing - 'Splain Me These Model Number Differences

On Mar 10, 2019, DerbyDad03 wrote
(in ):

The front bearing on my TS Arbor is labeled as 6202RS. When I Google that
number I get tons of hits for 6002-2RS. Many pages use both numbers for
the same part. Is there a difference?

One example is this listing on eBay which lists the model number as 6202-2RS
but uses 6202RS in the detailed description. Even the link uses both 6202-2rs
and 6202rs.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Pcs-6202-2rs-...1-Lubricated-6

02rs/20016256890?iid=302848616148

The trailing code tells you what kind of shields or seals the basic 6202
bearing is equipped with.

..https://www.nationalprecision.com/ball-bearings/6000-
series/6200_light/detail/6202-2RS/

These bearings are a commodity. It may be simpler to take the old bearing to
a local bearing house. That way youŽll avoid mistakes, or getting junk
bearings.

Joe Gwinn