Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Table Saw Bearing - 'Splain Me These Model Number Differences

On Tuesday, March 12, 2019 at 12:20:59 AM UTC-4, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 21:09:04 -0700 (PDT), Mark H
wrote:

On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 12:57:46 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
The front bearing on my TS Arbor is labeled as 6202RS. When I Google that
number I get tons of hits for 6002-2RS. Many pages use both numbers for
the same part. Is there a difference?

One example is this listing on eBay which lists the model number as 6202-2RS
but uses 6202RS in the detailed description. Even the link uses both 6202-2rs
and 6202rs.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Pcs-6202-2rs-...d=302848616148

Not an expert on bearings but all the specs appear to be the same except for one or two seals. Thinking with one you could pull the bearing out and pack grease every 50,000 miles or two to keep dirt out ???

Yout table saw uses a grease packed or oil lubricated arbour - so you
pull one seal out of a 6002-2rs and you have a 6002-rs - install with
the remaining seal facing out.

The arbor assembly is not packed with grease nor does the manual include
the arbor in the list of 9 lubrication points for the saw.

Do you know what kind of saw I have or are you just making an ass-umption?