Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Beaver Rockwell 14 inch bandsaw 3300 model - Tires

I have a 14 inch Beaver Rockwell 3300 bandsaw.

The tire on the drive wheel has lost its adhesion to the wheel and so I need to either re-adhere it or outright replace it. I have a some questions and if anyone can offer help or comments it would be much appreciated.

1. Can anyone recommend a supplier of a tire? I'm in Ottawa Canada so a North American source is best.

2. Does the drive wheel tire need to be crowned? Are crowned tires even available?

3. What is the best way to re-glue the tire now on the wheel, double sided tape, or a glue?

Thanks for any comments,

John
Posted to rec.woodworking

john stau wrote:

I have a 14 inch Beaver Rockwell 3300 bandsaw.

The tire on the drive wheel has lost its adhesion to the wheel and so I need to either re-adhere it or outright replace it. I have a some questions and if anyone can offer help or comments it would be much appreciated.

1. Can anyone recommend a supplier of a tire? I'm in Ottawa Canada so a North American source is best.

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/pag...43&cat=1,41036
http://timberwolfblades.com/proddeta...neBandSawTires
https://www.ebay.ca/str/BAND-SAW-TIRE-WAREHOUSE

2. Does the drive wheel tire need to be crowned? Are crowned tires even available?

Are your wheels crowned?

3. What is the best way to re-glue the tire now on the wheel, double sided tape, or a glue?

Contact cement if the tires are rubber. https://youtu.be/wGbZqWac0jU?t=150

Thanks for any comments,

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hi Walt,
Thanks very much for the help.
2. the steel wheels are not crowned, but the rubber tires are.
3. I think I'll try and re glue the tire but Lee Valley is just down the road so I will also look at new tires as well.

Thanks again,
john
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 04:18:39 -0800 (PST), john stau
wrote:

I have a 14 inch Beaver Rockwell 3300 bandsaw.

The tire on the drive wheel has lost its adhesion to the wheel and so I need to either re-adhere it or outright replace it. I have a some questions and if anyone can offer help or comments it would be much appreciated.

1. Can anyone recommend a supplier of a tire? I'm in Ottawa Canada so a North American source is best.

2. Does the drive wheel tire need to be crowned? Are crowned tires even available?

3. What is the best way to re-glue the tire now on the wheel, double sided tape, or a glue?

Thanks for any comments,

John

I bought replacement urethane tires for my Delta 14 inch bandsaw, they
did not require any gluing of the tires. Similar to these.

https://goo.gl/kKfE5P