Posted to rec.woodworking
john stau john stau is offline

Default Beaver Rockwell 14 inch bandsaw 3300 model - Tires

I have a 14 inch Beaver Rockwell 3300 bandsaw.

The tire on the drive wheel has lost its adhesion to the wheel and so I need to either re-adhere it or outright replace it. I have a some questions and if anyone can offer help or comments it would be much appreciated.

1. Can anyone recommend a supplier of a tire? I'm in Ottawa Canada so a North American source is best.

2. Does the drive wheel tire need to be crowned? Are crowned tires even available?

3. What is the best way to re-glue the tire now on the wheel, double sided tape, or a glue?

Thanks for any comments,

John