Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Festool Roadshow Tomorrow

By the way, our local Woodcraft will have the big green semi-truck
parked out front in the morning.
Guess I'll stop by and see what I see. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 18:50:39 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

By the way, our local Woodcraft will have the big green semi-truck
parked out front in the morning.
Guess I'll stop by and see what I see. :-)

Hint: The correct answer is, "Why, yes, I do have cordless Festools."
;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote:
By the way, our local Woodcraft will have the big green semi-truck
parked out front in the morning.
Guess I'll stop by and see what I see. :-)

If like Houston you will see your self going home with about $200 worth of
free products.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/13/18 6:50 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
By the way, our local Woodcraft will have the big green semi-truck
parked out front in the morning. Guess I'll stop by and see what I
see. :-)

I was pretty impressed with their vacuums and the drill attachment that
sucks itself against the wall.
I do a lot of grab bar installations on tile and that thing would be
awesome to suck all the dust and water off the bit. I can get the
attachment alone for about 25 bucks but any vac I own is way too loud.
Not sure it's worth $600 just to have a quiet vac, however.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, March 14, 2018 at 9:00:06 AM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
-MIKE- wrote:
By the way, our local Woodcraft will have the big green semi-truck
parked out front in the morning.
Guess I'll stop by and see what I see. :-)

If like Houston you will see your self going home with about $200 worth of
free products.

Which you helped pay for. ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 14 Mar 2018 19:58:04 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 3/13/18 6:50 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
By the way, our local Woodcraft will have the big green semi-truck
parked out front in the morning. Guess I'll stop by and see what I
see. :-)

I was pretty impressed with their vacuums and the drill attachment that
sucks itself against the wall.
I do a lot of grab bar installations on tile and that thing would be
awesome to suck all the dust and water off the bit. I can get the
attachment alone for about 25 bucks but any vac I own is way too loud.
Not sure it's worth $600 just to have a quiet vac, however.

The third-hand attachment is kinda cute, too.

https://www.festoolusa.com/products/dust-extraction/vacuum-clamping-nozzle/500312---ct-w#Overview
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 3/13/18 6:50 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
By the way, our local Woodcraft will have the big green semi-truck
parked out front in the morning. Guess I'll stop by and see what I
see. :-)

I was pretty impressed with their vacuums and the drill attachment that
sucks itself against the wall.
I do a lot of grab bar installations on tile and that thing would be
awesome to suck all the dust and water off the bit. I can get the
attachment alone for about 25 bucks but any vac I own is way too loud.
Not sure it's worth $600 just to have a quiet vac, however.

The third-hand attachment is kinda cute, too.

https://www.festoolusa.com/products/dust-extraction/vacuum-clamping-nozzle/500312---ct-w#Overview

Are there any bearings inside of that thing? ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 3/13/18 6:50 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
By the way, our local Woodcraft will have the big green semi-truck
parked out front in the morning. Guess I'll stop by and see what I
see. :-)

I was pretty impressed with their vacuums and the drill attachment that
sucks itself against the wall.
I do a lot of grab bar installations on tile and that thing would be
awesome to suck all the dust and water off the bit. I can get the
attachment alone for about 25 bucks but any vac I own is way too loud.
Not sure it's worth $600 just to have a quiet vac, however.

The third-hand attachment is kinda cute, too.

https://www.festoolusa.com/products/dust-extraction/vacuum-clamping-nozzle/500312---ct-w#Overview

Are there any bearings inside of that thing? ;-)

Bearings? Why would there be bearings? All it does is suck. ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 3/13/18 6:50 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
By the way, our local Woodcraft will have the big green semi-truck
parked out front in the morning. Guess I'll stop by and see what I
see. :-)

I was pretty impressed with their vacuums and the drill attachment that
sucks itself against the wall.
I do a lot of grab bar installations on tile and that thing would be
awesome to suck all the dust and water off the bit. I can get the
attachment alone for about 25 bucks but any vac I own is way too loud.
Not sure it's worth $600 just to have a quiet vac, however.

The third-hand attachment is kinda cute, too.

https://www.festoolusa.com/products/dust-extraction/vacuum-clamping-nozzle/500312---ct-w#Overview

Are there any bearings inside of that thing? ;-)

Bearings? Why would there be bearings? All it does is suck. ;-)

The bearings would be for Jack to complain about.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/14/2018 7:58 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/13/18 6:50 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
By the way, our local Woodcraft will have the big green semi-truck
parked out front in the morning. Guess I'll stop by and see what I
see.Â*Â*Â* :-)

I was pretty impressed with their vacuums and the drill attachment that
sucks itself against the wall.
I do a lot of grab bar installations on tile and that thing would be
awesome to suck all the dust and water off the bit.Â* I can get the
attachment alone for about 25 bucks but any vac I own is way too loud.
Not sure it's worth $600 just to have a quiet vac, however.

Well if it helps, the larger vacs are Hepa certified and the air comes
out cleaner than it goes in. And the vac seems to not loose any suction
until the bags are PACKED solid.

But be careful, you get the vac and the next thing you know you try out
a Festool sander and WOW no dust. Then maybe the track saw, and WOW
your chisel makes a bigger mess when mortising hinges. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 3/13/18 6:50 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
By the way, our local Woodcraft will have the big green semi-truck
parked out front in the morning. Guess I'll stop by and see what I
see. :-)

I was pretty impressed with their vacuums and the drill attachment that
sucks itself against the wall.
I do a lot of grab bar installations on tile and that thing would be
awesome to suck all the dust and water off the bit. I can get the
attachment alone for about 25 bucks but any vac I own is way too loud.
Not sure it's worth $600 just to have a quiet vac, however.

The third-hand attachment is kinda cute, too.

https://www.festoolusa.com/products/dust-extraction/vacuum-clamping-nozzle/500312---ct-w#Overview

Are there any bearings inside of that thing? ;-)

No just bushings cause those are better when a bearing is not needed.
Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote:
By the way, our local Woodcraft will have the big green semi-truck
parked out front in the morning.
Guess I'll stop by and see what I see. :-)

If like Houston you will see your self going home with about $200 worth of
free products.

Which you helped pay for. ;-)

You can say that but the tools mostly paid for them selves after only a
few big pieces of furniture.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/14/18 10:38 PM, Leon wrote:
On 3/14/2018 7:58 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/13/18 6:50 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
By the way, our local Woodcraft will have the big green semi-truck
parked out front in the morning. Guess I'll stop by and see what I
see.Â*Â*Â* :-)

I was pretty impressed with their vacuums and the drill attachment that
sucks itself against the wall.
I do a lot of grab bar installations on tile and that thing would be
awesome to suck all the dust and water off the bit.Â* I can get the
attachment alone for about 25 bucks but any vac I own is way too loud.
Not sure it's worth $600 just to have a quiet vac, however.

Well if it helps, the larger vacs are Hepa certified and the air comes
out cleaner than it goes in.Â* And the vac seems to not loose any suction
until the bags are PACKED solid.

But be careful, you get the vac and the next thing you know you try out
a Festool sander and WOW no dust.Â* Then maybe the track saw, and WOW
your chisel makes a bigger mess when mortising hinges.Â* ;~)

I need *small* as I am working out of a minivan.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 3/13/18 6:50 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
By the way, our local Woodcraft will have the big green semi-truck
parked out front in the morning. Guess I'll stop by and see what I
see. :-)

I was pretty impressed with their vacuums and the drill attachment that
sucks itself against the wall.
I do a lot of grab bar installations on tile and that thing would be
awesome to suck all the dust and water off the bit. I can get the
attachment alone for about 25 bucks but any vac I own is way too loud.
Not sure it's worth $600 just to have a quiet vac, however.

The third-hand attachment is kinda cute, too.

https://www.festoolusa.com/products/dust-extraction/vacuum-clamping-nozzle/500312---ct-w#Overview

Are there any bearings inside of that thing? ;-)

Bearings? Why would there be bearings? All it does is suck. ;-)

The bearings would be for Jack to complain about.

Wwwwooooosssshhh. Now I'm on the same page. blush
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 14 Mar 2018 22:38:37 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 3/14/2018 7:58 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/13/18 6:50 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
By the way, our local Woodcraft will have the big green semi-truck
parked out front in the morning. Guess I'll stop by and see what I
see.*** :-)

I was pretty impressed with their vacuums and the drill attachment that
sucks itself against the wall.
I do a lot of grab bar installations on tile and that thing would be
awesome to suck all the dust and water off the bit.* I can get the
attachment alone for about 25 bucks but any vac I own is way too loud.
Not sure it's worth $600 just to have a quiet vac, however.

he casts

Well if it helps, the larger vacs are Hepa certified and the air comes
out cleaner than it goes in. And the vac seems to not loose any suction
until the bags are PACKED solid.

he reels

But be careful, you get the vac and the next thing you know you try out
a Festool sander and WOW no dust. Then maybe the track saw, and WOW
your chisel makes a bigger mess when mortising hinges. ;~)

in the net

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 14 Mar 2018 22:46:45 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 3/14/18 10:38 PM, Leon wrote:
On 3/14/2018 7:58 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/13/18 6:50 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
[...]

Then you need a CT-mini. ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 3/14/18 10:38 PM, Leon wrote:
On 3/14/2018 7:58 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/13/18 6:50 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
[...]

That's the smallest one that still does wet.
$600 after tax. Not sure it's worth it.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote:
By the way, our local Woodcraft will have the big green semi-truck
parked out front in the morning.
Guess I'll stop by and see what I see. :-)

If like Houston you will see your self going home with about $200 worth of
free products.

Which you helped pay for. ;-)

You can say that but the tools mostly paid for them selves after only a
few big pieces of furniture.

True, but the math still says you helped pay for the free stuff they give away. Each little
piece of what you paid "extra" to cover the cost of the give-always is that much less you
made on the stuff you sold. You could sell a thousand of those gorgeous bedroom sets
and you still wouldn't recover the buck or two extra you paid to cover part of the $200 worth
of stuff they give to all those visitors to the green truck.

Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote:
By the way, our local Woodcraft will have the big green semi-truck
parked out front in the morning.
Guess I'll stop by and see what I see. :-)

If like Houston you will see your self going home with about $200 worth of
free products.

Which you helped pay for. ;-)

You can say that but the tools mostly paid for them selves after only a
few big pieces of furniture.

True, but the math still says you helped pay for the free stuff they give away. Each little
piece of what you paid "extra" to cover the cost of the give-always is that much less you
made on the stuff you sold. You could sell a thousand of those gorgeous bedroom sets
and you still wouldn't recover the buck or two extra you paid to cover part of the $200 worth
of stuff they give to all those visitors to the green truck.

There's a good argument to be made that this is paid out of profits
and that they wouldn't have said profits without the freebies. That
is, advertising more than pays for itself. I _has_ to.

Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote:
[...]

That's true. We'd have to see the overall business plan. I'll call the board this afternoon
and get a copy, ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 3/14/18 10:38 PM, Leon wrote:
On 3/14/2018 7:58 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/13/18 6:50 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
[...]

Then you need a CT-mini.Â* ;-)

That's the smallest one that still does wet.
$600 after tax.Â* Not sure it's worth it.

If you are only looking for a small vac and do not care about breathing
dust, possibly a lot of noise, or less efficiency, most any vac will do
that.
After using the Festool vac I'll never go back, I'll make room. LOL
Basically I avoided using my Shop Vac brand and Craftsman brand vac's
because of the noise. Also dumping and cleaning the filter on both was
a royal PIA. That is not an issue with the Festool vacs so I am
inclined to use my Festool on any tool that I can attach it to and every
time.

The biggest hurdle with buying Festool is buying the first tool and vac.
After that you see and know the advantages and the price is easier to
understand.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 3/14/18 10:38 PM, Leon wrote:
On 3/14/2018 7:58 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/13/18 6:50 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
[...]

After using the Festool vac I'll never go back, I'll make room.Â* LOL
Basically I avoided using my Shop Vac brand and Craftsman brand vac's
because of the noise.Â* Also dumping and cleaning the filter on both was
a royal PIA.Â* That is not an issue with the Festool vacs so I am
inclined to use my Festool on any tool that I can attach it to and every
time.

The biggest hurdle with buying Festool is buying the first tool and vac.
Â*After that you see and know the advantages and the price is easier to
understand.

For me it has to be quiet, especially if I'm drilling through porcelain
tiles, which generally take about 15 minutes per hole, minimum. Not
just quiet for me, because I can wear earplugs, but quite for the clients.

No one has to sell me on Festool, I get it. But I can buy their
contractor track saw with a rip guide for the price of the vac.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/16/2018 11:53 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
wrote:

On 3/14/18 10:38 PM, Leon wrote:
On 3/14/2018 7:58 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/13/18 6:50 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
[...]

vac. Â*Â*After that you see and know the advantages and the price is
easier to understand.

For me it has to be quiet, especially if I'm drilling through porcelain
tiles, which generally take about 15 minutes per hole, minimum.Â* Not
just quiet for me, because I can wear earplugs, but quite for the clients.

Totally understand. About 10 years ago I had a kitchen reface and new
drawers and doors job. I made 1/8" thick maple veneer to reface the
cabinets and I sanded the cabinets prior to attaching the veneer. The
home owner had masked off the cabinet openings so that he would not have
to wash every thing in the cabinets.

While I was sanding he took a nap 20' away. He was shocked that there
little to no dust on the counter tops and how quiet all of that was.

No one has to sell me on Festool, I get it.Â* But I can buy their
contractor track saw with a rip guide for the price of the vac.

There is that.

Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote:
[...]

Cool! If it's not confidential, send me a copy. ;-)