Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Festool Roadshow Tomorrow

On Wed, 14 Mar 2018 18:59:57 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Wednesday, March 14, 2018 at 9:41:17 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wed, 14 Mar 2018 19:58:04 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 3/13/18 6:50 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
By the way, our local Woodcraft will have the big green semi-truck
parked out front in the morning. Guess I'll stop by and see what I
see. :-)

I was pretty impressed with their vacuums and the drill attachment that
sucks itself against the wall.
I do a lot of grab bar installations on tile and that thing would be
awesome to suck all the dust and water off the bit. I can get the
attachment alone for about 25 bucks but any vac I own is way too loud.
Not sure it's worth $600 just to have a quiet vac, however.

The third-hand attachment is kinda cute, too.

https://www.festoolusa.com/products/dust-extraction/vacuum-clamping-nozzle/500312---ct-w#Overview

Are there any bearings inside of that thing? ;-)

Bearings? Why would there be bearings? All it does is suck. ;-)