Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Festool Roadshow Tomorrow

On 3/15/18 7:42 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 14 Mar 2018 22:46:45 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 3/14/18 10:38 PM, Leon wrote:
On 3/14/2018 7:58 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/13/18 6:50 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
By the way, our local Woodcraft will have the big green semi-truck
parked out front in the morning. Guess I'll stop by and see what I
see.Â*Â*Â* :-)

I was pretty impressed with their vacuums and the drill attachment that
sucks itself against the wall.
I do a lot of grab bar installations on tile and that thing would be
awesome to suck all the dust and water off the bit.Â* I can get the
attachment alone for about 25 bucks but any vac I own is way too loud.
Not sure it's worth $600 just to have a quiet vac, however.

Well if it helps, the larger vacs are Hepa certified and the air comes
out cleaner than it goes in.Â* And the vac seems to not loose any suction
until the bags are PACKED solid.

But be careful, you get the vac and the next thing you know you try out
a Festool sander and WOW no dust.Â* Then maybe the track saw, and WOW
your chisel makes a bigger mess when mortising hinges.Â* ;~)

I need *small* as I am working out of a minivan.

Then you need a CT-mini. ;-)

That's the smallest one that still does wet.
$600 after tax. Not sure it's worth it.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)