Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Raspberry Pi Case

I've got a Raspberry Pi 3 and the official Raspberry Pi Touchscreen that
I'm working on building a case for. I've come across a design decision I'd
like a little input on.

I have an amplifier and speaker arrangement to give me basic sound. I'm
using 2 small speakers, about 1" by 2". The speakers are in their own
plastic enclosure with a provision to mount the speaker using a
sufficiently small screw, probably 2-56 maybe 1-72. FWIW, the case will
probably be pine.

It makes sense to make some form of grill or hole in the wood to make sure
the sound can pass unobstructed. I could possibly cut 1/8" wide slots with
an endmill or drill a series of holes. Which would be better, or does it
matter?

Also, I'd like to keep little bits of debris from sticking to the speaker
cone. Would a piece of cotton cloth or something similar work as "speaker
fabric" without affecting the sound too much?

Thanks,

Puckdropper

Raspberry pi 3 dennis@home UK diy 68 March 18th 16 09:37 AM
OT New Raspberry Pi 0 £4 !!! Another Dave[_3_] UK diy 21 November 30th 15 05:37 PM
Connecting a Raspberry Pi to an old TV News UK diy 61 April 7th 14 01:00 PM
DIY ideas for Raspberry Pi? Bob Eager[_2_] UK diy 363 March 17th 12 09:55 PM
Raspberry Pi Feedback TheScullster UK diy 15 March 12th 12 01:40 PM