Posted to rec.woodworking
tdacon tdacon is offline

Default Raspberry Pi Case

"Puckdropper" wrote in message
b.com...

It makes sense to make some form of grill or hole in the wood to make sure
the sound can pass unobstructed. I could possibly cut 1/8" wide slots with
an endmill or drill a series of holes. Which would be better, or does it
matter?

Also, I'd like to keep little bits of debris from sticking to the speaker
cone. Would a piece of cotton cloth or something similar work as "speaker
fabric" without affecting the sound too much?

Puckdropper

Simplest might be to just bore a hole a little smaller than the diameter of
the speaker cone, and glue a very light piece of cloth across the opening
between the wood and the speaker. Shouldn't have much of an effect on the
sound, if any. Maybe your wife or girlfriend has a pair of black nylons
she's about ready to throw away ;-)

Tom