Posted to rec.woodworking

Default hf wood glue

it is actually more than titebond but no doubt it will be on sale
some day

anyone tried this glue
is it any good

only see 8oz bottles

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2016-03-20, Electric Comet wrote:
it is actually more than titebond but no doubt it will be on sale
some day

anyone tried this glue
is it any good

only see 8oz bottles

Why? You need to glue the shift button back on yer keyboard? I'd
recommend a two-part epoxy.

nb
Posted to rec.woodworking

Electric Comet wrote in :

it is actually more than titebond but no doubt it will be on sale
some day

anyone tried this glue
is it any good

No, I haven't tried it, and I'm not going to. WHO CARES if it's any good? You already said it's
more expensive than Titebond, which you already know is a perfectly fine wood glue, and you
can get it at Lowe's, Home Depot, Menards, Woodcraft, Rockler, ACE, TruValu, DoItBest,
Walmart, Target, Meijer, etc.

So why would you consider, even for a moment, paying *more* money for something of
unknown or questionable quality?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Doug Miller writes:

So why would you consider, even for a moment, paying *more* money for something of
unknown or questionable quality?

So why would you consider replying to EC's useless posts?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 20 Mar 2016 23:04:15 -0000 (UTC)
Doug Miller wrote:

So why would you consider, even for a moment, paying *more* money for

when you think hf you should think sale and or coupon
they do that

something of unknown or questionable quality?

so you do not know about this glue

Posted to rec.woodworking

Electric Comet wrote in news:ncrpu7$7mt$2@dont-
email.me:

Doug Miller wrote:

So why would you consider, even for a moment, paying *more* money for

when you think hf you should think sale and or coupon
they do that

Irrelevant. Just use Titebond. You know what you're getting.

something of unknown or questionable quality?

so you do not know about this glue

I know that, considering where it comes from, it's vanishingly unlikely to be *better* than
Titebond.

I also know that I can buy a pint of Titebond II at any home center for less than six bucks.

So I'm not interested in the HF glue, no matter how cheap it is. Look, if you want to try it, go
ahead, it's your project. I'm going to stay with something that's tried and true, with a
generations-long record of proven success at an eminently affordable price.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 23:58:51 -0000 (UTC)
Doug Miller wrote:

to stay with something that's tried and true, with a generations-long
record of proven success at an eminently affordable price.

all good points but i still like to hear what people think and better
if they have first hand experience

how secret can glue formulas be

it is interesting that they only sell 8 oz sizes as if they are
just sort of floating the idea before they go whole hog into
making their own glue

this glue has the hf label and i did not know there was an hf
label

buying hf is infrequent so i know little about them

Posted to rec.woodworking

Doug Miller wrote:

to stay with something that's tried and true, with a generations-long
record of proven success at an eminently affordable price.

all good points but i still like to hear what people think and better
if they have first hand experience

I don't actually believe that you're here to learn anything. I think you're here because you like
to "hear yourself talk".

I'm done playing that game.

plonk
Posted to rec.woodworking

Doug Miller wrote:

to stay with something that's tried and true, with a generations-long
record of proven success at an eminently affordable price.

all good points but i still like to hear what people think and better
if they have first hand experience

how secret can glue formulas be

it is interesting that they only sell 8 oz sizes as if they are
just sort of floating the idea before they go whole hog into
making their own glue

this glue has the hf label and i did not know there was an hf
label

buying hf is infrequent so i know little about them

Or maybe aby one that uses a lot of glue is not going to buy that stuff.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
says...

Doug Miller wrote:

So why would you consider, even for a moment, paying *more* money for

when you think hf you should think sale and or coupon
they do that

Irrelevant. Just use Titebond. You know what you're getting.

something of unknown or questionable quality?

so you do not know about this glue

I know that, considering where it comes from, it's vanishingly unlikely to be *better* than
Titebond.

I also know that I can buy a pint of Titebond II at any home center for less than six bucks.

So I'm not interested in the HF glue, no matter how cheap it is. Look, if you want to try it, go
ahead, it's your project. I'm going to stay with something that's tried and true, with a
generations-long record of proven success at an eminently affordable price.

It would have been nice if Comet had provided a link so we could all be
sure we're looking at the same stuff.

Looking on the Harbor Freight site I find
http://www.harborfreight.com/househo...cals/titebond-
iii-ultimate-wood-glue-8-oz-91768.html.

Note--the link is not to Titebond III.

The stuff at the link they claim is acrylic based. I don't know of any
other acrylic based wood glue that is being marketed to consumers--
Titebond has one (Titebond 231) but it only comes in gallons or larger
and seems to be aimed at a specific market niche.

If the Harbor Freight glue is really an acrylic it might be worth
checking out just to see if it brings anything new to the party.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Electric Comet wrote:

it is actually more than titebond but no doubt it will be on sale
some day

anyone tried this glue
is it any good

Actually, it's 1/2 the price of Titebond III at HD, Rockler, Woodcraft.

Since it claimed to be waterproof, I used it (along w/brads) on
several carpenter bee traps a couple of years ago, all joints appear
to still be holding. They've caught a LOT of capenter bees!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-CARPENTER-...-/252330468615
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...nter+bee+traps

Just noticed " titebond-iii " in the HF URL:

http://www.harborfreight.com/titebon...-oz-91768.html

Trademark infringement? ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 13:48:05 +0000
Spalted Walt wrote:

Actually, it's 1/2 the price of Titebond III at HD, Rockler,
Woodcraft.

yes titebond iii is the expensive one in the line
it gives more setup time but is not meet the more strict testing
reqs if i recall correct

does hf give you similar long setup time like titebond iii

Since it claimed to be waterproof, I used it (along w/brads) on
several carpenter bee traps a couple of years ago, all joints appear
to still be holding. They've caught a LOT of capenter bees!

good to know

Just noticed " titebond-iii " in the HF URL:

that is interesting and is probably for search engines

Posted to rec.woodworking

Electric Comet writes:

does hf give you similar long setup time like titebond iii

Walk into the damn store and ask someone that knows. Call them
up. Send them email. Use ****ing punctuation and capitalization.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Spalted Walt wrote:

Actually, it's 1/2 the price of Titebond III at HD, Rockler,
Woodcraft.

yes titebond iii is the expensive one in the line
it gives more setup time but is not meet the more strict testing
reqs if i recall correct

does hf give you similar long setup time like titebond iii

I couldn't say, I bought it on a whim ONLY because I was in a HF, it
was CHEAP and claimed to be waterproof w/easy clean up.

Just noticed " titebond-iii " in the HF URL:

that is interesting and is probably for search engines

It's a huge FAIL if it was intended for Google search hits.

Could it be that HF wood glue and Titebond III are one in the same?

in the HF URL: " titebond-iii-ultimate-wood-glue "

Titebond's site:
http://www.titebond.com/product.aspx...c-b53970f736af

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 17:37:30 +0000
Spalted Walt wrote:

was CHEAP and claimed to be waterproof w/easy clean up.

does it really dry clear as advertised

none of the titebond i have used dried clear so just for that it might
be good to have some on hand

It's a huge FAIL if it was intended for Google search hits.

seems so

Could it be that HF wood glue and Titebond III are one in the same?

maybe

perhaps titebond licensed the product to hf but only if they
do not use titebond in the label

but there may be no preclusion of using it in a url to the product

but see above because titebond iii did not dry clear iirc

Posted to rec.woodworking

Spalted Walt wrote:

was CHEAP and claimed to be waterproof w/easy clean up.

does it really dry clear as advertised

Can't answer that, my joinery is laser thin & tight.
Invisible glue lines - it's how I roll.