Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New Shop Dog

About 10 days ago was standing outside the shop shed and a brown dog
came up. She was licking the sprinkler drops off the grass, and acted
extremely friendly. I got a container and gave her some water and she
drank about a quart. Then I gave her some dog snacks and she ate that
and left.
Next morning she returned. While petting her I found that under her
curly hair she was just a skeleton, and that she was nursing pups. I
went and bought a bag of kibbles, found an old frying pan and filled
it level full. She ate all this, drank some more water and burped.
Her tag said "Maverick" and a phone number--which had been
disconnected. So she adopted me. And she eats like a BIL.
Such a loving dog. I named her Curly. I thought she was part cocker
spaniel, but when I took her to the vet for her shots he said she was
a full-blooded Boykin Spaniel. They are bred for water-fowl hunting
and have webbed feet. And she does. Never heard of such.
She does not mind the machinery noise in the shop, but after about 2
hours she starts getting restless and soon disappears for an hour or
so. Feeding her pups I guess.
I don't know where she has them hidden. When they are weaned I will
have her splayed and treated for the heart worms which she has.
--
GW Ross

Press any key... no, no, no, NOT THAT ONE!

Posted to rec.woodworking

G. Ross wrote:
[...]

Should have been "spayed". Damn spell checker!

--
GW Ross

Press any key... no, no, no, NOT THAT ONE!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/24/2015 7:25 AM, G. Ross wrote:
G. Ross wrote:
About 10 days ago was standing outside the shop shed and a brown dog
came up. She was licking the sprinkler drops off the grass, and acted
extremely friendly. I got a container and gave her some water and she

[snip]

I don't know where she has them hidden. When they are weaned I will
have her splayed and treated for the heart worms which she has.

Should have been "spayed". Damn spell checker!

So we assumed. Seems like to nice a dog to filet!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, August 24, 2015 at 7:15:37 AM UTC-5, G. Ross wrote:
[...]

If a dog already has heart worms, treatment is not easy. Hats off to you.