Posted to rec.woodworking

Default delta drill press chuck falls out.

On Sunday, September 29, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, John van Veen wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep a 1/2 chuck from falling
out of a delta drill press. Just finished a great project and finishing
touch was to drill out a tennon. Soon as I finished the chuck fell out
and bit hit wood :-(
When cutting plugs the darn thing keeps coming off and wrecking wood. I
have tried a rubber mallet and pressing on using the drills arm tension.
Should the shaft be dry, or some kind of sticking (breakable) adhesive.
I may want to get it off someday Happens to often. Any ideas.

yup its up to you,its worn believe it or not use a thin coat of paint or buy a new one