Bernie Hunt

Default Keyless Chuck for Drill Press

As suggested by Owen, I found a Bison chuck for my Jet drill press. It's a
1/2" capacity with a JT33 mount. I also got a Bison arbor to convert to MT#2
to fit my drill press. I found them at Ajax Industries, 800.543.5998, 575 N.
Hague Avenue, Columbus, OH 43204.

They list them on ebay, but you have to call them for the arbor.

Both pieces arrived promptly today. I unpacked them and found them to be of
nice quality. Neatly packed in plastic containers with a light coat of
protective oil. I wiped them off and promptly installed them on my drill
press. I didn't measure runout before, but it was noticable visually with a
1/16" bit. With the new Bison chuck, a very noticable improvement! I no
longer can see any runout. I'll have to dig out a good straight shaft to
measure it one of these days.

The chuck was $50 and I think the arbor was about $18.

I highly recommend this to anyone who's interested in replacing their stock
chuck with keyless, inproving the runout and not breaking the bank! I can't
wait to go drill some holes.

Fly-by-Night CC

In article ,
"Bernie Hunt" wrote:

As suggested by Owen, I found a Bison chuck for my Jet drill press. It's a
1/2" capacity with a JT33 mount. I also got a Bison arbor to convert to MT#2
to fit my drill press. I found them at Ajax Industries, 800.543.5998, 575 N.
Hague Avenue, Columbus, OH 43204.

Good deal Bernie and I'm glad I could be of some help. The Bison is a
HUGE improvement over the stock Jet chuck, no? (I was on my second Jet
chuck when I got the Bison - the first Jet chuck turned to gravel
inside.)

http://www.flybynightcoppercompany.com
http://www.easystreet.com/~onlnlowe/index.html
Bernie Hunt

I've never dealt with MT equipment before. It was pleasently easy to remove
the old and install the new. Assuming everyone kept the triangle shaped
piece of metal that came with their drill press, hehehehe. I'm so happy with
this one, I'm thinking about getting the miniature one for small number
drills. I'll get it it's own arbor and its simple to switch back and forth.
I just got into scrolling and those drill bits are very small!

Bernie

"Fly-by-Night CC" wrote in message
news