Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ping Leon - OT Sewing Supplies

And to anyone else, whose family member does some sewing.

Two of my upholstery softgoods suppliers have discontinued carrying their China-made soft goods and some related items, because of hazardous ingredients within the goods.

Also, I need a part for a machine and see this posting on the MasterSewUSA website: http://www.mastersewusa.com/accessories.html
"We have pulled from our offerings all our China manufactured sewing accessories. Thread, scissors, buttons all are potentially hazardous in light of recent tests on 'Made In China' products that are colored, plastic painted. We hope to find replacements soon. I hope you understand."

I don't know if this applies to domestic sewing and supplies, etc., I haven't been to any local fabric shops, here, recently. Don't know why it shouldn't be applicable to domestic sewings, as well.

Thought maybe your wife might like to be mindful of this, with her sewing interests as they are.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/21/2015 10:29 AM, Sonny wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the heads up. I'll bring this to her attention.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Sonny wrote in
:

Thread, scissors, buttons all are potentially hazardous
in light of recent tests on 'Made In China' products that are colored,
plastic painted.

Don't know
why it shouldn't be applicable to domestic sewings, as well.

I would guess the issue is the use of lead or chromium in
the paint. I doubt the same issue would exist with Made
in USA or Made in Japan or Made in (any part of Europe)
as the standards for heavy metals in paint are much
stricter.

John

Ping Leon: Sewing Desk painting Greg Guarino[_2_] Woodworking 2 August 6th 14 05:36 AM
Leon's Desk... (ping Leon) Morris Dovey Woodworking 8 July 29th 08 01:49 PM
PING - Leon J T Woodworking 3 January 2nd 06 04:29 AM
Ping: Leon David Woodworking 1 June 23rd 05 12:35 AM
Ping Leon JGS Woodworking 3 June 21st 05 02:59 PM