JGS

Default Ping Leon

I replaced the broken spring in the base of the Speedbloc and the
vibration problem has been fixed. Thanks again, JG

Mike in Mystic

could you detail this fix/diagnosis? I have the same sander and it about
shakes my arm off on the lapses of memory when I forget and turn it on. I
was going to send it back for replacement, but if it is easy to fix, I might
do that instead.

TIA,

Mike

"JGS" wrote in message
I replaced the broken spring in the base of the Speedbloc and the
vibration problem has been fixed. Thanks again, JG

Leon

"Mike in Mystic" wrote in message
.. .
could you detail this fix/diagnosis? I have the same sander and it about
shakes my arm off on the lapses of memory when I forget and turn it on.
was going to send it back for replacement, but if it is easy to fix, I
might
do that instead.

TIA,

Mike

I have learned the hard way that every thing on the pad/shaking end of that
sander has to be tight and perfectly balanced. Several years ago the spring
on mine broke and made a lot of noise although it did not move freely. I
removed the spring and clamp thinking that a solution had been found. Ha!
I could hardly hold it from all the excess vibration. I put the broken
spring back and clamp back on, and the vibration went away. I might add
that replacing springs or clamps on the pad assembly is a chore. Replace
the whole pad assembly.
The local PC repair shop recommended replacing the pad, clamp, and spring
assembly altogether. Seems they have seen/heard horror stories about parts
being thrown loose when operating the sander and a spring gave way. The pad
assembly replacement is a 3 or 4 minute job and every thing is new and
tight. It'll set you back about $35.

Leon

"JGS" wrote in message
I replaced the broken spring in the base of the Speedbloc and the
vibration problem has been fixed. Thanks again, JG

That was a real PIA wasn't it. LOL I took mine off and put it back on a
immediately after realizing the weight of the spring is very important in
keeping the sander balanced. I never use the clamps on the router and
thought that I could simply remove the broken/noisy pieces. If I have not
mentioned it, after the spring breaks the base usually breaks requiring the
pad assembly replacement. About $35.

Ping N. Thornton N. Thornton UK diy 0 December 23rd 04 12:06 PM
ping davenoise :::Jerry:::: UK diy 2 December 12th 04 11:44 PM
Ping Pong Table [email protected] Woodworking 8 September 24th 04 09:26 PM
Ping Pong Table [email protected] Woodworking 8 September 15th 04 09:12 PM
Ping - Leon (Trials and Tribulations of Finding an Accurate Fence) Bob Woodworking 2 June 28th 04 09:52 PM