Leon

"Mike in Mystic" wrote in message
.. .
could you detail this fix/diagnosis? I have the same sander and it about
shakes my arm off on the lapses of memory when I forget and turn it on.
was going to send it back for replacement, but if it is easy to fix, I
might
do that instead.

TIA,

Mike

I have learned the hard way that every thing on the pad/shaking end of that
sander has to be tight and perfectly balanced. Several years ago the spring
on mine broke and made a lot of noise although it did not move freely. I
removed the spring and clamp thinking that a solution had been found. Ha!
I could hardly hold it from all the excess vibration. I put the broken
spring back and clamp back on, and the vibration went away. I might add
that replacing springs or clamps on the pad assembly is a chore. Replace
the whole pad assembly.
The local PC repair shop recommended replacing the pad, clamp, and spring
assembly altogether. Seems they have seen/heard horror stories about parts
being thrown loose when operating the sander and a spring gave way. The pad
assembly replacement is a 3 or 4 minute job and every thing is new and
tight. It'll set you back about $35.