Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cudos to Apex Tool Group

Needed a file for a project.

A trip to Home Depot and there hanging in a blister pack
on the wall was a package labeled "Nicholson", a name I
have associated with files for as far back as I can remember.

Grabbed a 10" (250 mm) flat ******* package and started
scanning it.

Seems the name "Nicholson" is now controlled by the
Apex Tool Group, an investment group located in Sparks, MD
with manufacturing facilities in Mexico.

Looks like at least some of my money spent to buy a file,
has created employment opportunities in Mexico.

Given that files are an item that will probably never be built
again in the USA, Mexico is a pretty good choice as far as
I'm concerned.

A file manufacturing plant sure beats a drone monitored fence.

Lew