Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Kudo's to Bessey

Not quite a year ago Amazon had a good deal on Bessey Kliklamps, about
half price. I ordered 4 and have used them a lot.

Fast forward to 4 months ago and most of the clamps will not hold their
grip. The movable clamping section cannot grip the shaft tightly enough
to keep from slipping.

An e-mail to Bessey was answered with the suggestion to use lite steel
wool on the shaft and wipe the shaft down with a clean dry cloth.
That WORKED, for about 3 weeks. I repeated about 3 times again but the
remedy was always short lived.

Another email to Bessey was answered with the suggestion that they send
me 6 replacement clamps and I send the 4 in question back to them at my
expense. I am $$ ahead and hopefully the new clamps have addressed the
matter.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/9/2014 2:47 PM, Leon wrote:
Not quite a year ago Amazon had a good deal on Bessey Kliklamps, about
half price. I ordered 4 and have used them a lot.

Fast forward to 4 months ago and most of the clamps will not hold their
grip. The movable clamping section cannot grip the shaft tightly enough
to keep from slipping.

An e-mail to Bessey was answered with the suggestion to use lite steel
wool on the shaft and wipe the shaft down with a clean dry cloth.
That WORKED, for about 3 weeks. I repeated about 3 times again but the
remedy was always short lived.

Another email to Bessey was answered with the suggestion that they send
me 6 replacement clamps and I send the 4 in question back to them at my
expense. I am $$ ahead and hopefully the new clamps have addressed the

My Kliklamps have a tooth to them, I don't think they would slip unless
I got glue all over that.

I had a good experience with Bessey too, they replaced both of my 24"
quick clamps... They would not return the handle for more pressure after
a few tensioning squeezes..

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sunday, November 9, 2014 1:47:53 PM UTC-6, Leon wrote:
Not quite a year ago Amazon had a good deal on Bessey Kliklamps, about
half price. I ordered 4 and have used them a lot.

Fast forward to 4 months ago and most of the clamps will not hold their
grip. The movable clamping section cannot grip the shaft tightly enough
to keep from slipping.

An e-mail to Bessey was answered with the suggestion to use lite steel
wool on the shaft and wipe the shaft down with a clean dry cloth.
That WORKED, for about 3 weeks. I repeated about 3 times again but the
remedy was always short lived.

Another email to Bessey was answered with the suggestion that they send
me 6 replacement clamps and I send the 4 in question back to them at my
expense. I am $$ ahead and hopefully the new clamps have addressed the
matter.

I revived a couple of slipping Irwin clamps by roughening the bar with coarse sandpaper.

And on the return, I have a similar story about Jet (Walter Meier) dropped a clamp and the plastic handle snapped off. Found a number for Jet, called them asked if I could buy a replacement handle. They didnt have the handle but shipped me gratis a new clamp. I just had to tell them where I bought the item. I felt guilty because I got it at Lowes when they were discontinuing Jet clamps in favor of Bessey. Well, guilty for about 30 seconds anyway.

Kudo to LN Tom B Woodworking 1 August 4th 09 12:13 PM
Bessey Duoklamp Jay Pique Woodworking 1 December 15th 06 03:23 AM
A Kudo for Rockler Tom Banes Woodworking 8 December 1st 05 02:43 PM
Kudo for Mike's Tools Tom Banes Woodworking 1 October 29th 05 10:36 PM
The Month of Bessey.... loutent Woodworking 16 October 2nd 05 02:40 PM