Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bessey Duoklamp

I just picked up a Bessey Duoklamp from the blueborg tonight. It was
an impulse purchase, but I've got a feeling I'm really going to like
this clamp. It feels much better in the hand than the quick-grip
style. I like that the squeezing mechanism is in line with the bar of
the clamp, it's much easier to work with. What I really like though,
is that the jaws sit and move square to the bar and to each other.
With a lot of the quick-grips the jaws pull out of alignment, shoving
your piece all over the place.

IAE, I'll post back if things go bad. I've just played with it a bit
and so far it's great. I'm bringing it to work where I'll see just how
handy it really is though. Just thought I'd let you all know.

JP

PS - It was $19.88 at Lowe's. Amazon's got it listed for $23.41.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 14, 6:14 pm, "Jay Pique" wrote:
I just picked up a Bessey Duoklamp from the blueborg tonight. It was
an impulse purchase, but I've got a feeling I'm really going to like
this clamp.
PS - It was $19.88 at Lowe's. Amazon's got it listed for $23.41.

Hm - looks interesting. I just picked up a Jorgensen ISD bar clamp - I
can tell already that it is better than the Irwin quick-grip ones, but
the Duoklamp looks nice too. Maybe sometime when Amazon has a sale.
Thanks for the quick review,
Andy