Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Kudo to LN

As the email string below indicates, Lie Nielsen has support that's as
good as their planes. Less than 24 hours from inquiry to response, and
a great response too.

I'm just a satisfied LN customer, not a shill for them.

SNIP

Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 10:56:13 -0400
From: Lie-Nielsen Toolworks
To: Tom Banes
Subject: Part for LN 60 1/2 Plane

Tom,

We can send you a new threaded rod. Just let me know your mailing address and I will get one off in the mail today. No Charge.

Cheers,

Deneb

Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 15:01:55 -0500
From: Tom XXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Gentlemen:

Is it possible to order a new stud (the one the adjusting nut threads on) for an LN 60 1/2? My plane fell off the bench and (naturally) landed on the adjusting nut and bent the stud.
I tried to straighten it by hand without messing up the threads but I wasn't real successful. Of the 5 LN planes I own it's probably the one I use (and enjoy) the most.

Please let me know how to order a new stud and the cost, payment method, shipping, etc.

Regards.

Tom

SNAP
Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom B wrote,on my timestamp of 4/08/2009 7:36 AM:
As the email string below indicates, Lie Nielsen has support that's as
good as their planes. Less than 24 hours from inquiry to response, and
a great response too.

I'm just a satisfied LN customer, not a shill for them.

Seconded. They got me a replacement lever cap from their
large shoulder plane that just fitted perfectly on my
Record 073. I had dropped the 073 and the steel lever cap
broke off. I now have one of the few hybrid 073s in existence!
And the whole thing was sealed in a few days. Amazing service!

SNIP