Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Kudo's to Bessey

On 11/9/2014 2:47 PM, Leon wrote:
Not quite a year ago Amazon had a good deal on Bessey Kliklamps, about
half price. I ordered 4 and have used them a lot.

Fast forward to 4 months ago and most of the clamps will not hold their
grip. The movable clamping section cannot grip the shaft tightly enough
to keep from slipping.

An e-mail to Bessey was answered with the suggestion to use lite steel
wool on the shaft and wipe the shaft down with a clean dry cloth.
That WORKED, for about 3 weeks. I repeated about 3 times again but the
remedy was always short lived.

Another email to Bessey was answered with the suggestion that they send
me 6 replacement clamps and I send the 4 in question back to them at my
expense. I am $$ ahead and hopefully the new clamps have addressed the

My Kliklamps have a tooth to them, I don't think they would slip unless
I got glue all over that.

I had a good experience with Bessey too, they replaced both of my 24"
quick clamps... They would not return the handle for more pressure after
a few tensioning squeezes..

--
Jeff