Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Looking at buying a RAS

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote

DAMN! Your are right! I don't recall her name being that at all.....

She was a GREAT comedian and was one of many that made the early SNL a
great success.

Anyway Rosanna....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlQ9iOir6j8

My favorite line was on what I recall as "Point-Counterpoint".

After Jane Curtain gave her point, the male anchor would come on and start
his counterpoint with:

"Jane, You ignorant slut!"
--
Jim in NC

---

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/1/2014 9:33 PM, Morgans wrote:

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote

DAMN! Your are right! I don't recall her name being that at all.....

She was a GREAT comedian and was one of many that made the early SNL a
great success.

Anyway Rosanna....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlQ9iOir6j8

My favorite line was on what I recall as "Point-Counterpoint".

After Jane Curtain gave her point, the male anchor would come on and
start his counterpoint with:

"Jane, You ignorant slut!"

That would be Dan Ackroyd.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote

DAMN! Your are right! I don't recall her name being that at all.....

She was a GREAT comedian and was one of many that made the early SNL a
great success.

Anyway Rosanna....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlQ9iOir6j8

My favorite line was on what I recall as "Point-Counterpoint".

After Jane Curtain gave her point, the male anchor would come on and start
his counterpoint with:

"Jane, You ignorant slut!"

+1

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
On Mon, 30 Jun 2014 13:08:10 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 30 Jun 2014 11:42:39 -0700 (PDT), Michael
wrote:

On Monday, June 30, 2014 12:59:13 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jun 2014 10:40:20 -0700, "Bob La Londe"

wrote:

"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message

eb.com...

I'm looking at buying a used DeWalt RAS. It's definately quite
old,
but

those DeWalts have a reputation for top quality. What should I be
looking

for in evaluating the saw?

Puckdropper

--

Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

I have a 230V RAS, and I almost never ever ever ever ever ever ever
ever

ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever
ever

ever ever ever ever ever use it. Ok, it makes a fair to crappy extra
table

to store stuff on. If I took the saw and arm off of it then it would
make a

better table. So I guess I always use it. As a flat surface to
store
stuff

on.

I use my contractor table saw almost everyday when I am in the shop,
and

usually a couple times a week even if I am working mostly in the
field.

larger blade larger table cabinet saw would be handy when working a
lot
with

it, but the contractor saw stores out of the way easier when not
using
it,

and allows for quickly moving it out of the way even if its not used
for

just a little while.

But it is, by definition, almost ALWAYS out of tune, so it is pretty

much useless as a cabinet-maker's table saw.. Mabee not useless, but

definitely not optimal.

Of course, I check my cuts with a square. The saw has jogged out of tune
couple of times and I've adjusted it. It's been a while since I've had
do that. I'm not kidding when I say that the 45 degree cuts are
picture-frame ready. It amazes me. I need to buy a fine blade for it,
though. The cuts with the framing blade are a little rough. Maybe I
could
sell the old RAS and pay for it that way.
All I can say is you bought a "good" contractor saw and you don't
throw it around like most contractors do if it has held it's tune that
well. The cheapassed sheetmetal based "contractor saws" I generally
see can't be trusted for anything finer than framing. (and I mean
HOUSE framing - not PICTURE framing!!

Heck, the way most houses are framed they don't anything better than a
rock
hatchet squared off on the back side. I've been a licensed contractor
(communication) for over 20 yeas, and in the industry longer. I've seen
maybe half a dozen houses TOTAL that were framed or even layed out square.

Sadly, you are too true. (and the houses are not) The best houses I've
seen over the last 20 years are the "factory built" houses they bring
in on a number of flatbeads and erect with a crane. Generally they are
DEAD SQUARE.

One of the funniest things I ever saw was a whole house that was framed with
all the verticals except the corners half a stud off from one end to the
other. Obviously two "framers" working together. One centering on the
mark, and the other butting up to the mark. I had sent one of my guys over
to prewire it for alarm and sound, and we had half a dozen boxes or so to
mount for various things like keypads, volume controls, sounders, etc. My
guy had bought a bundle of door shims and shimmed every one of our boxes so
they were level. When the house was done every other box in the house was
crooked. LOL. Switches, outlets, even the thermostats.

Buying a used car :( Lobster UK diy 113 December 27th 11 11:26 PM
Buying new TV desgnr[_2_] Home Repair 65 June 6th 10 09:48 PM
Car Buying daniel peterman Metalworking 4 December 30th 05 03:33 PM
Buying USA? evodawg Woodworking 53 December 8th 05 06:13 AM
House buying 101 -- simple house-buying terms defined Ablang Home Ownership 0 June 11th 05 03:14 AM