Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sanding in tight spots

What attachment do I use to sand in VERY TIGHT spots for steps left by a
scroll saw? I can't seem to find one that fits.
Thank you

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/25/2014 10:44 AM, Ed wrote:
What attachment do I use to sand in VERY TIGHT spots for steps left by a
scroll saw? I can't seem to find one that fits.
Thank you

Would these do what you want?

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...65&cat=1,42500

Dan

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed writes:
What attachment do I use to sand in VERY TIGHT spots for steps left by a
scroll saw? I can't seem to find one that fits.
Thank you

A popsicle stick and half dowel with self-adhesive sandpaper.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/25/2014 2:15 PM, Dan Coby wrote:
On 3/25/2014 10:44 AM, Ed wrote:
What attachment do I use to sand in VERY TIGHT spots for steps left by a
scroll saw? I can't seem to find one that fits.
Thank you

Would these do what you want?

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...65&cat=1,42500

Dan

Yes those and also I use "Yorecraft files" which are silicone carbide
files that fit in your scroll saw or by hand. They have abrasive on both
sides of the blade.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

Dan Coby wrote:
On 3/25/2014 10:44 AM, Ed wrote:
What attachment do I use to sand in VERY TIGHT spots for steps left
by a scroll saw? I can't seem to find one that fits.
Thank you

Would these do what you want?

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...65&cat=1,42500

Dan

Maybe, but what is the definition of "very tight spots"? Are these angular,
or are they a radius? Have you considered a multi-tool such as the
following?

http://www.harborfreight.com/oscilla...l#.UzHcyc7pblg

Perhaps posting a link to a web site with a picture of your steps would be
helpful in getting the best advice.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/25/2014 1:23 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Ed writes:
What attachment do I use to sand in VERY TIGHT spots for steps left by a
scroll saw? I can't seem to find one that fits.
Thank you

A popsicle stick and half dowel with self-adhesive sandpaper.

Heaven forbid doing something by hand these days.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net