Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Kudos to Dremel/Bosch customer service

I posted a review of my experience with the Dremel Multimaster on the
Dremel site. I heard back within a couple of hours from a customer
service rep who proposed a very acceptable solution.

In part, they said: "...we expect the tools to run.* Not forever * but
we do expect them to provide solid use.* And our experience has taught
us that when a customer purchases our tool, they often do so because
theyıre familiar with our brand.* They believe in us.* The least we can
do is stand behind the product."

Nice.

--
³Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness
sobered, but stupid lasts forever.² -- Aristophanes
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, March 1, 2014 3:43:24 PM UTC-6, Dave Balderstone wrote:
I posted a review of my experience with the Dremel Multimaster on the

Dremel site. I heard back within a couple of hours from a customer

service rep who proposed a very acceptable solution.

In part, they said: "...we expect the tools to run.* Not forever * but

we do expect them to provide solid use.* And our experience has taught

us that when a customer purchases our tool, they often do so because

theyıre familiar with our brand.* They believe in us.* The least we can

do is stand behind the product."

Nice.

--

³Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness

sobered, but stupid lasts forever.² -- Aristophanes

OK... sounds like you had a good experience with them. So, what was the problem with what tool, and what was the solution?

Inquiring minds need to know...

I used to be a HUGE fan of Bosch tools and still use a couple of them very frequently.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

I just sent a letter to Bosch, inspired by your experience with them.
I had an wonderful old Jig Saw Bosch, and used it for many years....
It was getting noisy and old, so I bought a new Bosch Jig Saw.
It lasted about 7 days after warranty....
so now I am using my old Bosch Jig Saw, and am not sure what to buy in its
place.
I sent a letter to bosch to see if they could re-kindle my use of their
tools?
john

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
news:010320141543246836%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderst one.ca...

I posted a review of my experience with the Dremel Multimaster on the
Dremel site. I heard back within a couple of hours from a customer
service rep who proposed a very acceptable solution.

In part, they said: "...we expect the tools to run. Not forever * but
we do expect them to provide solid use. And our experience has taught
us that when a customer purchases our tool, they often do so because
theyıre familiar with our brand. They believe in us. The least we can
do is stand behind the product."

Nice.

--
³Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and
drunkenness
sobered, but stupid lasts forever.² -- Aristophanes

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave Balderstone wrote:
I posted a review of my experience with the Dremel Multimaster on the
Dremel site. I heard back within a couple of hours from a customer
service rep who proposed a very acceptable solution.

In part, they said: "...we expect the tools to run. Not forever * but
we do expect them to provide solid use. And our experience has taught
us that when a customer purchases our tool, they often do so because
theyıre familiar with our brand. They believe in us. The least we can
do is stand behind the product."

Nice.

I had one of the little rechargeable dremel tools and loved it. Then
the battery died.
I opened it up and the battery was soldered in. My battery Mart said
that although he was trained in lithium battery replacement, the
company would not allow replacement of lithium batteries.
I contacted Dremel and they said send it in, that it would cost no
more than $40 to fix it.
I trashed it. Poor design. Poor service--they would not give me the
actual cost for replacement of the battery.

--
 GW Ross

 Every vision has an equal and
 opposite revision.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/2/2014 4:35 PM, G. Ross wrote:
Dave Balderstone wrote:
[...]

So first off, all batteries are soldered in, they don't want a fire from
loose wires.

Buy your own lithiums and solder them in... it's easy.

--
Jeff

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 02 Mar 2014 17:00:37 -0500, woodchucker
wrote:

On 3/2/2014 4:35 PM, G. Ross wrote:
Dave Balderstone wrote:
[...]

Soldering LiIons is not a good idea. There are companies that do
replacement cells, though.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
" wrote:

So, what was the problem with what tool, and what was the solution?

Multimaster(s) that simply stopped working. They are replacing them,
even though they are well out of warranty, with the newer models.

--
³Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness
sobered, but stupid lasts forever.² -- Aristophanes
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sunday, March 2, 2014 8:35:20 PM UTC-6, Dave Balderstone wrote:
In article ,

" wrote:

So, what was the problem with what tool, and what was the solution?

Multimaster(s) that simply stopped working. They are replacing them,

even though they are well out of warranty, with the newer models.

Aha! Thanks for the update. I hope the new ones work well for you.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

" wrote:

So, what was the problem with what tool, and what was the solution?

Multimaster(s) that simply stopped working. They are replacing them,

even though they are well out of warranty, with the newer models.

Aha! Thanks for the update. I hope the new ones work well for you.

An MM20 and MM40 arrived late yesterday to replace the 6300s that died.
Looking forward to putting them through their paces.

--
³Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness
sobered, but stupid lasts forever.² -- Aristophanes

Jet customer service kudos RayV Woodworking 0 May 18th 06 05:39 PM
Kudos to Grizzly Customer Service JJ Woodworking 0 December 5th 05 09:24 PM
Bosch customer service Max Woodworking 4 April 17th 05 11:24 PM
Bosch Customer Service going downhill? Mr B UK diy 7 August 3rd 04 06:54 PM
Dremel Customer Service - Outstanding (must be taking lessons from Lee Valley) Gfretwell Woodworking 5 September 13th 03 06:08 AM