Mr B

Default Bosch Customer Service going downhill?

Has anyone had any experience of Bosch Customer Service recently?
I was rather taken aback by how poor it was, considering their
reputation.

My Bosch TWK5300 jug kettle initially looked of good design, but I
found it dribbled water from around the lid when pouring.

After a couple of replacements, Bosch CS at first flatly denied that
there was any fault with the product and just offered a refund.
Then a couple of letters later, an engineer finally said that it was a
known fault and quite unapologetically said that they wouldn’t do
anything about it, and again just offered a refund by way of resolving
the fault.

Were my expectations of a quality product and service too high???
Yes it was only a kettle, but if this is remotely indicative of what
Bosch are like now, then I certainly won’t be buying any more of their
more expensive products.

Maybe they are becoming like AEG, who used to be very well made but
then became just another OEM clone a few years back, whilst continuing
to trade on their historically high reputation. I wonder when Mieles
will just be Hotpoints underneath??? ;-)

From Bosch's web site, my experience doesn’t exactly fit their
professed philosophy:

'It has always been an unbearable thought to me that someone could
inspect one of my products and find it inferior in any way.
For that reason I have constantly tried to produce products which
withstand the closest scrutiny — products which prove themselves
superior in every respect...’ Robert Bosch, 1918.

Although I guess he is prolly dead now ;-)

I ended up with Braun AquaExpress WK300 which seems absolutely fine in
contrast.
--
Mr B
G&M

"Mr B" wrote in message
Has anyone had any experience of Bosch Customer Service recently?
I was rather taken aback by how poor it was, considering their
reputation.

Definitely GONE downhill. I gave up on having my Boschhammer refurbushed as
it always failed again a couple of months later. And their promised 5 day
turnaround was over 5 weeks !!!!!!!

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Mr B wrote:
Has anyone had any experience of Bosch Customer Service recently?
I was rather taken aback by how poor it was, considering their
reputation.

My Bosch TWK5300 jug kettle initially looked of good design, but I
found it dribbled water from around the lid when pouring.

After a couple of replacements, Bosch CS at first flatly denied that
there was any fault with the product and just offered a refund.

I'd say that's excellent service - offering a refund. What more could you
want?

--
*Even a blind pig stumbles across an acorn now and again *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Tony

Mr B wrote:
Has anyone had any experience of Bosch Customer Service recently?
I was rather taken aback by how poor it was, considering their
reputation.

Yes. Similarly unimpressed.
New Bosch tumble drier on 5th engineer visit for trying to rectify same
fault (leaking). Customer services dismissive.... Contemplating now
whether to get replacement from retailer under sale of goods or
(petulant and bloody minded) just keep on calling out Bosch under the
guarantee.

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,

After a couple of replacements, Bosch CS at first flatly denied that
there was any fault with the product and just offered a refund.

I'd say that's excellent service - offering a refund. What more could you
want?

Presumably that comment is somewhat tongue-in-cheek, I hope!

When I buy things my main requirement is that they work. OK,
sometimes things go wrong and then a company that has a good
replacement/refund policy is better than one that doesn't. However I
would still prefer things that work from a 'bad' company than things
that don't work from a 'good' company.

--
Chris Green

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
wrote:
After a couple of replacements, Bosch CS at first flatly denied that
there was any fault with the product and just offered a refund.

I'd say that's excellent service - offering a refund. What more could you
want?

Presumably that comment is somewhat tongue-in-cheek, I hope!

When I buy things my main requirement is that they work. OK,
sometimes things go wrong and then a company that has a good
replacement/refund policy is better than one that doesn't. However I
would still prefer things that work from a 'bad' company than things
that don't work from a 'good' company.

Then you need to start a new thread - 'Bosch quality going downhill',
perhaps. Their service by what you've said seems fine.

--
*Women who seek to be equal to men lack ambition.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
sPoNiX

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:16:41 GMT, Mr B
wrote:

Has anyone had any experience of Bosch Customer Service recently?
I was rather taken aback by how poor it was, considering their
reputation.

Quality of power tool products def gone downhill over past few years.
wouldn't touch with a bargepole these days.
Dougie Nisbet

Tony wrote:

Mr B wrote:
Has anyone had any experience of Bosch Customer Service recently?
I was rather taken aback by how poor it was, considering their
reputation.

Yes. Similarly unimpressed.
New Bosch tumble drier on 5th engineer visit for trying to rectify same
fault (leaking). Customer services dismissive.... Contemplating now
whether to get replacement from retailer under sale of goods or
(petulant and bloody minded) just keep on calling out Bosch under the
guarantee.

Is that the Bosch WTL6106?
(http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/home-ap...200688/details)

It's just that I was thinking of buying that in the next few weeks. I agree
with the comments made about Bosch power tools - dreadful quality - but
I've found the white kitchen goods to be fab. Fridge/Freezer, Washer and
Dishwasher are all Bosch.

Dougie