Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Dado repair... good idea.

I have a ridge carbide dado, I gave it back to them last year to redo,
the sizes were so far off I could not get close to 1/4 and the points
were coming through heavily.

I needed to use it and it was heavliy rusted. They probably never put a
rust preventitive on it after recutting the teeth. So I clean it up, and
after using it, I hate waxing dadoes because they slip while on the
arbor. But I had no choice, any rust preventitive was going to be a lube
too. So after lubing it, I started thinking how am I going to keep them
from spinning into each other.

I took out my engraver and just kept putting lines in a star burst from
the arbor out, but actually brought them from out to the arbor hole.

They lock nicely and don't slide, each face probably added less than 2
10 thous so it's all good.

Just a tip brought to you by the woodchucker.. who is buried under
snow.. 12-16 expected here today. I usually get the top end as we are in
the mountains, but I am in a valley in the hills... so it just dumps
here. I must have heard hundred times from the wife... do you have gas
for the snow blower... :-(
--
Jeff

Water Heater Flushing: Good idea or bad idea? VQ Home Repair 16 November 20th 17 04:14 AM
Good Idea - Bad Idea Carl Metalworking 0 December 16th 08 04:56 PM
Good deal on SD508 dado blade at Amazon David Woodworking 2 January 30th 07 01:23 AM
Typical of dado sets (or is mine not so good)? toller Woodworking 6 November 29th 04 08:49 PM
Mibro dado set, good, bad, ugly? Silvan Woodworking 10 November 24th 03 06:56 AM