Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Dado repair... good idea.

On 2/14/2014 12:27 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 2/13/14, 9:59 AM, woodchucker wrote:
I have a ridge carbide dado, I gave it back to them last year to
redo, the sizes were so far off I could not get close to 1/4 and the
points were coming through heavily.

I needed to use it and it was heavliy rusted. They probably never put
a rust preventitive on it after recutting the teeth. So I clean it
up, and after using it, I hate waxing dadoes because they slip while
on the arbor. But I had no choice, any rust preventitive was going to
be a lube too. So after lubing it, I started thinking how am I going
to keep them from spinning into each other.

I use bow string wax on my drumsticks to increase grip. I actually used
it on some paint brushes the last couple weeks because the dry cold was
really effecting my grip.

I know you already came up with a solution, but for those listening in
bow string wax it would prevent rust but not be slippery. It can be
found at any sporting good store with an archery section.

FYI

So from what I see 1.25 oz of bow string is about $7.
DriCote, blade cote is $10-$17 for 10.75 oz.

Top Cote (lube) now Glide Coat $10 for 10.75 oz.

Boeshield (lube) is about 18 for 12oz.

--
Jeff