Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Handscrew rack.

I was not happy with my old handscrew rack.. just a couple of pieces of
2x3 in an L shape. I would have to pull off a bunch of clamps to get to
the one I wanted. Anytime I avoid doing something because of the work
involved in getting it done, it's time to fix the problem...

I solved that today with a new rack, not much work... the biggest
problem was finding a place to put my wider rack.

See: http://imgur.com/a/wLzRs

Also I had some newer rockler handscrews that I use by the router and
tablesaw. They did not have a nice riveted stud for the handle. one side
had the head formed, the other was flush cut, but I don't like that
since it usually backs out and causes the handle to break, or it cuts you.
So I created a head forming tool and put a head on the other side. There
was actually more pin left but the sleeve was too large. So once I
started forming the head it pushed the metal down. Now the head is nice
and smooth, and the pin won't back out.

--
Jeff

Aluminum cooler rack and fishing rod rack help drgas Metalworking 3 May 27th 10 03:34 AM
mount towel rack/magazine rack to ceramic tile mikeasmel Home Repair 3 March 9th 07 02:15 PM
Gun Rack/Cabinet Plan .... Just the rack part... bremen68 Woodworking 4 February 13th 07 02:02 AM
Handscrew Clamp Kits cdo Woodworking 5 November 10th 05 07:40 PM
TIE RACK J T Woodworking 0 January 16th 05 01:34 PM