Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Handscrew rack.

I was not happy with my old handscrew rack.. just a couple of pieces of
2x3 in an L shape. I would have to pull off a bunch of clamps to get to
the one I wanted. Anytime I avoid doing something because of the work
involved in getting it done, it's time to fix the problem...

I solved that today with a new rack, not much work... the biggest
problem was finding a place to put my wider rack.

See: http://imgur.com/a/wLzRs

Also I had some newer rockler handscrews that I use by the router and
tablesaw. They did not have a nice riveted stud for the handle. one side
had the head formed, the other was flush cut, but I don't like that
since it usually backs out and causes the handle to break, or it cuts you.
So I created a head forming tool and put a head on the other side. There
was actually more pin left but the sleeve was too large. So once I
started forming the head it pushed the metal down. Now the head is nice
and smooth, and the pin won't back out.

--
Jeff