Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Newsreader Needed

I need an independent, dedicated newsreader. I am migrating to a system that
does not support newsreaders in the email client. And it is not just me but
a number of us old farts who insist on reading these archaic newsgroups.

Any suggestions? I will pay something if necessary, but my needs are
simple. A few newsgroups accessed a few times a day. And there is not
anywhere near the volume there used to be. So demands on the computers
resources should be minimal.

I need to be able to read and reply to posts. And a bozo filter would be
nice. Some capability to save some posts would be nice as well. That is
all I really need. Any suggestions?

The new system is a win 7 64 bit system. The email client is in office
2007, specifically outlook 2007. You used to be able to read UseNet
newsgroups in Outlook 2007, but Microsoft have removed anything that does
not use their own servers servers for newsgroups.