Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 2002 Unisaw

I was looking at parts diagram for a 2002 Unisaw that I located that
didn't have a blade guard or splitter. I was surprised. From the parts
diagram it looks like a real pain to remove the splitter (2 screws,
sideways?). Not only that it would cost $150 to obtain this part.
Maybe I've already deduced why it's "not present"?

Thee may be value in a riving knife instead? FWIW, this saw has a
Unifence that didn't move as smoothly as other fences I've seen, it
needed to be "palm tapped"--but that detail doesn't seem so critical.
Maybe it just needs wax? It locked solid however (though it is Aluminum
and may flex a little--you can see I've been reading! )

Looks like it may either be this saw or a new Grizzly G0691. Does
Grizzly have a "great feeling" fence or just so-so? After all is said
and done, the cost of delivery of both saws is about the same(which
improves the price of the Grizzly, relatively speaking).

Cheers,
Bill