Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Weisgram[_2_] Jim Weisgram[_2_] is offline

Default 2002 Unisaw

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 15:19:46 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Jim Weisgram wrote:

Riving knife? Much safer than a splitter because it always hugs the
blade. You are aware that you can't retrofit a riving knife to a saw
that came without one? Unless you manage to fabricate it yourself
somehow. Which would then void your "warranty".

Indeed - much safer than a splitter. Void your warranty? Not at all
necessarily. Most older saws don't even have a warrnaty in place, but even
for newer saws that my have one, installing a riving knife need not
necessarily void the warranty.

Sorry. Warranty in quotes was intended to indicate my tongue was
firmly stuck to one of my cheeks. Not saying which one.