Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Panel Closet Doors

I built a closet upstairs in my bungalow home. It's on one side with a
four foot knee wall and the rest of the wall angles towards center, as
most bungalows do. Therefore, I built the closets with a door height of
5 feet, long enough for three sections with intentions of installing
bi-fold doors. One section is a 5 foot wide opening(two 2.5 ft
bi-folds), the next is four foot(two 2 foot bi-folds) and the last is
three(two 1.5 foot bi-folds). Ideally, I would like the doors to be
raised panel, but these are not standard size and thus, must be made. I
would like to attempt that, unfortunately, I don't own a raised panel
router bit set and not ready to fork over the type of money required for
a set.

Is there another method to making raised panel doors? Is it as good as
doing with a router bit set? Any other options anyone can offer other
than pay someone to make them? BTW, the option to pay someone is a
consideration but I don't know what a reasonable cost would be, other
than the cost of the wood, but uncertain of labor cost. Help on that is
also appreciated.

Thank you

Closet Doors [email protected] Home Repair 6 April 30th 08 08:26 AM
bi-fold closet doors James Lewis Home Repair 1 April 1st 06 04:29 PM
closet doors? AND Books Home Repair 3 February 7th 06 01:04 PM
Electrical panel in closet Fred Home Repair 2 September 1st 05 12:12 PM
Tambour closet doors Jessica Woodworking 5 April 30th 04 02:57 AM